Аuthor: L. Olikh, PhD (Econ.), Associate Prof., ORCID ID: 0000-0002-4365-8107
Taras Shevchenko National University of Kyiv, Kyiv, Ukraine
Annotation: Time-management is one of the current trends in the development of modern management science. The author presents management science’s school representatives’ approaches to time as a resource and its meaning in management science. The study shows that the main stages of timemanagement form an independent branch of science. The uniqueness of time- management is that its theory and practice are very close and rather individual due to circumstances. Authors of books on various time-management techniques often describe their own experience of their use. Our research has shown that applying the same time-management techniques yields different results for different people, groups, and companies. This article summarizes the tools of time-management. The most common computer programs for forming and implementing a corporate timemanagement system are singled out and characterized. The essence of their work is revealed, and characteristic features that emphasize their main advantages are given. The presented research results indicate that a third of the enterprise’s problems with productivity and labor efficiency is related to the time-using approach. One of the ways to overcome this problem is to introduce a corporate time-management system at the enterprise.
Under current conditions, it is advisable to use computer programs to develop and implement an effective corporate time-management system. The most common programs for effective organization and use of time in the company are Asana, Basecamp, Jira, Redmine, Todoist, Trello. These programs have a classic set of functions for effective planning, organization, and use of time. They are mostly easy to use and synchronize with applications essential to teams of various sizes. The programs are flexible in use. It is also advantageous that their developers constantly work on improving the programs considering modern market requirements.
Keywords: time-management, corporate time-management, individual time-management, time-management instruments, time.
1st Revision: 09/11/2022
References (in Latin): Translation / Transliteration/ Transcription
1. Zaychenko, S. (2018). ASANA. Servis, yakyy zrobyt vashu robotu efektyvnishoyu [ASANA. A service that will make your work more
efficient]. Retrieved from: https://euprostir.org.ua/practices/134869 (in Ukr.).
2. MFlow. (2021). Scho take diagrama Ganta ta yak vona vykorystovuyetsya u biznes-plani [What is a Gantt chart and how is it used in a
business plan]. Retrieved from: https://monetary-flow.com/shto-take-dagrama-ganta-ta-yak-vona-vikoristovutysya-u-bznes-planuvann/ (in Ukr.).
3. Asana (2022). The easiest way to manage team projects and tasks. Retrieved from: https://asana.com/product
4. Atlassian (2022). Move fast, stay aligned, and build better – together. Retrieved from: https://www.atlassian.com/software/jira
5. Basecamp (2022). The All-In-One Toolkit for Working Remotely. Retrieved from: https://basecamp.com/
6. Bigcommerce (2022). What Is Time Management Software? Retrieved from: https://www.bigcommerce.com/ecommerce-answers/
7. Chang, J. (2021). 10 Chips for effective corporate time management. Retrieved from: https://financesonline.com/10-tips-effectivecorporate-
8. Clark, W. (1922). The Gantt Chart: A Working Tool of Management. New York: The Ronald Press Company.
9. Easyredmine (2022). Redmine Enterprise Solutions. Retrieved from: https://www.easyredmine.com/
10. Martin, L. M. (2021). 20 of the Best Time Management Tools. Retrieved from: https://biz30.timedoctor.com/time-management-tools/
11. Martin, L., Rawson, R. (2022). Running Remote: Master the Lessons from the World’s Most Successful Remote-Work Pioneers.
Nashville: HarperCollins Leadership.
12. Meier, J. D. (2010). Getting results the agile way. Bellevue: Innovation Playhouse LLC.
13. Rampersad, H. K. (2003). Total Performance Scorecard: Redefining Management to Achieve Performance with Integrity.
Massachusetts: Butterworth-Heinemann, Business Books, Elsevier Science.
14. Ryba, J. (2022). Easy Redmine’s HelpDesk Modules Are All Your Customer Service Team Needs to Deliver Excellent Support.
Retrieved from: https://www.easyredmine.com/news/easy-redmine-s-helpdesk-modules-are-all-your-customer-service-team-needs-to-deliverexcellent-support
15. Todoist (2022). Organize your work and life, finally. Retrieved from: https://todoist.com
16. Trello (2022). Trello helps teams move work forward. Retrieved from: https://trello.com/