In the article the economic nature and the functioning of CDS in terms of efficient redistribution of credit risk. The features of the dynamics of the nominal volume of the world market CDS, the gross market value and net market value of the CDS. Proved that more objective indicators of total credit risk shenerovanoho financial institutions are gross market value of the CDS and the net market value of CDS. We consider the variety and scope of CDS. Studied objectivity CDS valuation depending on the basis for valuation of CDS. In the mechanism of functioning CDS credit event as defined default “subject matter”, the features of conventional and technical default. Noted that a credit event for the use of CDS may also restructuring the company, bankruptcy or downgrade economic entity. In the article the types of CDS, including Basket Default Swap and First-of- Basket-to-Default Swap. We consider the application of CDS, namely hedge the credit risk of the underlying asset, which issued CDS; hedging credit risk of other assets by CDS; speculative trading in CDS. Depending on the particular basis for valuation of CDS, investigated objective valuation based on the value of CDS hedging; valuation CDS, based on the intensity of default; CDS valuation based on credit rating; valuation CDS, based on the value of the company. Proved that hedging through CDS will be effective only for the low correlation between the default of the underlying asset and counterparty default on swaps. It is proved that the accuracy and redutsyrovanyh structural models strongly depends on the “a long history of trading” underlying assets, asset must have a long history of trading, be the subject of in-depth analysis of a wide range of analysts and traders.
Keywords: credit default swaps; basket default swap; first-of-basket-to-default swap; default; credit risk.
1. Arbuzov S.G. Banking Encyclopedia, S.G. Arbuzov, Y.V. Kolobov, V.I. Mishchenko, S.V. Naumenkova. K.
Research Center of the National Bank of Ukrain Knowledge, 2011. 504p.
2. Mezencev V.V. The assessment of credit default swaps on Russian companies using the reduced model and Merton, V.V. Mezencev, Corporate Finance. №1. 2012. P.44-57. Access: http://ecsocman.hse.ru/data/
3. Naumenkova S.V. Currency and Monetary Policy, K. Knowledge, 2010. 84 p.
4. The official website of the Bank for International Settlements. Available at: http://www.bis.org.
5. Pidvysotsky Y.V. Application of the credit default swaps in the real economy Actual problems of
economy. № 5. 2011. P.232-239. Access http://archive.nbuv.gov.ua/portal/soc_gum/ape/2011_5/APE-2011-
6. Solodka O.O. Valuation of credit default swaps, Proceedings of the XI International Scientific
Conference “Global trends and prospects of the financial system of Ukraine”, 30-31 October 2014. K. Taras Shevchenko National University of Kyiv, 2014. P.168-171.
7. Shavruk V. Market credit default swaps: the emergence and development trends, Bankaўski Vestnik.
June. 2012. P.43-51. Access: www.nbrb.by/bv/articles/9244.pdf.
8. Shavruk V.V. Credit default swap as a hedge credit risk, WEB-life scientific conferences; III
International Scientific and Practical Conference “Problems of the new economy of the XXI century” (23-24 December 2010). Access: http://www.confcontact.com/20101224/7_shavruk.php.
9. Encyclopedia of financial risk management, ed. A.A. Lobanov and A.V. Chugunov. M. Alpina Publisher, 2003. 786 p.
10. Black F. The Pricing of Options and Corporate Liabilities, F. Black, M. Scholes, Journal of Political Economy. 1973. №81. P.637-659. DOI: 10.1086/260062.
11. Duffie D. Modeling Term Structures of Defaultable Bonds, Review of Financial Studies.
1999. №12. P.687-720. DOI: 10.1093/rfs/12.4.687.
12. Mayer Martin. The Dangers of Derivatives, The Wall Street Journal. May 20. 1999.
13. Morgenson Gretchen. It’s time for Swap to Lose Their Swagger, The New York Times. February 28. 2010.
14. Scholes M. Global Financial Markets, Derivative Securities, and Systemic Risks, Journal of Risk and
Uncertainty. №12. 1996. С.271-286. DOI: 10.1007/BF00055798.