The financial crisis and recession in Europe have made it necessary to improve the system of regulation of the stock market, including the settlement of securities transactions. The paper constitutes the existing features of securities settlement in the stock markets of the EU and presents the measures and proposals to improve the settlement of securities transactions.
Keywords: stock market, financial infrastructure, central securities depositories, securities.
- Bank for International Settlements. Principles for financial market infrastructures. 2012. – http://www.bis.org/ publ/cpss101a.pdf
- Bank for International Settlements. Recommendations for securities settlement systems. 2001. – http://www.bis.org/ publ/cpss42.pdf
- European Central Bank. Standards for the use of EU securities settlement systems in ESCB credit operations. 1998. – http://www.ecb.int/pub/pdf/othemi/sssstandards1998en.pdf
- European Commission. Financial Markets Infrastructure. – http://ec.europa.eu/internal_market/financial-markets/ index_en.htm
- European Commission. Proposal for a regulation of the European parliament and of the council on improving securities settlement in the European Union and on central securities depositories (CSDs) and amending Directive 98/26/EC. 2012. – http://eur-lex.europa.eu/LexUriServ/LexUriServ.do?uri=CELEX:52012PC0073:EN:PDF
- International Institute for the Unification of Private Law. UNIDROIT Convention on Substantive Rules for Intermediated Securities. 2009. – http://www.unidroit.org/english/conventions/2009intermediatedsecurities/main.htm
- Oxera. Monitoring prices, costs and volumes of trading and post-trading services. 2009. – http://ec.europa.eu /internal_market/financial-markets/docs/clearing/2009_07_ec_report_oxera_en.pdf
- The Giovannini Group. Second report on EU clearing and settlement arrangements. 2003. – http://ec.europa.eu/ internal_market/financial-markets/docs/clearing/second_giovannini_report_en.pdf