The key indicators of development of the insurance market of Ukraine and foreign countries in the pre-crisis, crisis and post-crisis periods are considered. It is done to reveal basic national and world trends, make forecast of development of the domestic insurance market and give suggestions of the directions of improvement of functioning of the Ukrainian insurance market.
Keywords: insurance; insurance market; insurance companies; policyholders.
- National commission for the state regulation of financial services markets (2013), “Information about the status and development of the insurance market of Ukraine”, available at : http://nfp.gov.ua/content/informaciya-pro-stan-i-rozvitok.html (Accessed 9 January 2014).
- The Verkhovna Rada of Ukraine (2010), “Tax Code of Ukraine”, available at : http://zakon4.rada.gov.ua/laws/ show/2755-17/page (Accessed 15 January 2014).
- OECD (2012), “Total gross insurance premiums”, Insurance and Pensions: Key Tables from OECD, No.1.
- Ministry of finance (2013), “Rates, indices, tariffs”, available at : http://index.minfin.com.ua (Accessed 9 January 2014).
- OECD (2012), “Direct gross insurance premiums”, Insurance and Pensions: Key Tables from OECD, No. 4.
- OECD (2012), “Average insurance spending per capita”, Insurance and Pensions: Key Tables from OECD, No. 3.
- Shirinian, L.V. and Shirinian, A.S. (2012), Mikrostrakhuvannia v Ukraini: buty chy ne buty? [Microinsurance in Ukraine: to be or not to be?], Vydavnytstvo Chabanenko Iu.A., Cherkasy, Ukraine.
- Zaletov, A. (2013), “Insurance market: new challenges and opportunities”, Insurance Top, Vol. 4, No. 44, pp. 2-7.