This article analyses the main world transnational companies (TNCs) and the impact of globalization on their activities. Globalization is a powerful real aspect of the new world system and it represents one of the most influential forces in determining the future course of the planet. In this process TNCs play an important role. Last researches are analyzed and they show that number of TNCs increased every year. Investments in offshore financial centers (OFCs) remain at historically high levels. By joining each other TNCs create global value chains (GVC). From one hand it iёs the different processes in different parts of the world that each add value to the goods or services being produced. Positive and negative impact of GVCs is shown. The KOF index of globalization in the world and in Ukraine is investigated. The main regional trends, which could involve into regional industrial development compacts, are analyzed.
Keywords: transnational companies; globalization; global chains; index of globalization.
- World investment report 2013. Global Value Chains: Investment and Trade for Development, UNCTAD, Division on Investment and Enterprise Geneva, – 26 June 2013.
- World Bank, Globalization, Growth, and Poverty: Building an Inclusive World Economy, Washington DC: World Bank and New York: Oxford University Press, – 2002
- Balassa B. The theory of Economic Integration, London. – 1961
- Globalisation, Peter Smith, Economic Review, – September 2000
- World Investment Prospects Survey / Access mode: www.unctad.org/wips
- Dreher A., 2006. Does Globalization Affect Growth? Empirical Evidence from a new Index, Applied Economics 38, 10:1091-1110.
- Dreher A., Gaston N. and Martens P., 2008, Measuring Globalization – Gauging its Consequence, New York: Springer.
- James Harold, The End of Globalization: Lessons from the Great Depression, Cambridge: Harvard University Press,-2001.
- Micklethwait, John and Adrian Wooldridge, A Future Perfect: The Challenge and Hidden Promise of Globalization, New York: Random House, 2000;
- Top 100 the biggest world companies by market capitalization, pwc. – 2013.