The phenomenon of feasibility reasoning of venture capital investment for the implementation of innovative ideas is revealed. The main elements of the methodology for feasibility of start-up projects, based on the concept of combination of life cycle of the market, product innovation and startup companies, are characterized. The comparative analysis of methods feasibility study and business plan start-up project is made, the importance of innovative ideas audit in future economic information generation and investment decisions of informal venture capital investors are shown.
Keywords: business plan, life cycle of the start-up project, methodology for feasibility study, innovative idea.
- Sahlman, W. (1997), “How to Write a Great Business Plan”, Harvard Business Review, July–Aug., pp. 98–108.
- Barringer, B. R. and Ireland, R. D. (2008), Entrepreneurship: Successfully Launching New Ventures, 2nd ed. Pearson/Prentice-Hall: Upper Saddle River.
- Delmar, F. and Shane, S. (2003), “Does business planning facilitate the development of new ventures?”, Strategic Management Journal, 24, pp. 1165–1185.
- Bhide, A. (2000), The Origin and Evolution of New Businesses, Oxford University Press: New York, US.
- Gruber, M. (2007), “Uncovering the Value of Planning in New Venture Creation: A Process and Contingency Perspective”, Journal of Business Venturing, 22, pp. 782–807.
- Eschenbach, T. (1992), “Quick Sensitivity Analysis for Small Business Projects and Feasibility Studies”, Transactions of the American Association of Cost Engineers, vol. 2, pp. L.6.1-L.6.8.
- Justis, R. and Kreigsmann, B., (1979), “The Feasibility Study as a Tool for Venture Analysis”, Journal of Small Business: ABI/INFORM Global, 17 (1), pp. 35–42.
- Katsman, Y., Topchishvili, G. and Schneider, A. (2002), Nauka pobezhdat’ v investicijah, menedzhmente i marketinge [Science of Victory in Investment, Management and Marketing], Publishing House “AST”, Moscow, Russia.
- Zhylinska, O. I. (2014), “Transformation in Investment Behaviour of Households as a Factor of Venture Capital Firms’ Development”, Finance of Ukraine, vol. 3, pp. 83–99.
- Matienko, V. M., Shchukin, O. I. and Voight, S. M. (2009), “Evaluation methods of ventures’ projects”, Journal of Economic Science of Ukraine, vol. 2, pp. 87–90.
- Chervanyov, D. M., Zhylinska, O. I. and writing team (2011), Mizhdystsyplinarnyj slovnyk z menedzhmentu [Interdisciplinary Dictionary of Management], Nichlava, Kyiv, Ukraine.