The article investigates the nature of the accounting policies as a set of principles, approaches, methods, forms and procedures used for the purpose of accounting and reporting. Accounting policies are an important step in the organization of accounting, where the subject is the management of a company and the object is the system of accounting and reporting, and are designed to provide users with information needed to make effective managerial decisions. For resident companies applying IFRS for financial reporting, we suggest the structure for a document on accounting policies, which allows to take into account all the key points of accounting policy and, if necessary, can be expanded. In addition, we define the main factors that influence the development of accounting policies in the framework of IFRS.
Keywords: accounting policies, IFRS, financial reporting; accounting; accounting system.
- On Accounting and Financial Reporting in Ukraine / Law of Ukraine of 16.07.1999 №996 // Ministry of Finance of Ukraine. – 10.09.2014. – Mode of access: http://minfin.gov.ua.
- IAS 1 “Presentation of Financial Statements” / Ministry of Finance of Ukraine. – 10.09.2014. – Mode of access: http://msfz.minfin.gov.ua.
- IAS 8 “Accounting Policies, Changes in Accounting Estimates and Errors” / Ministry of Finance of Ukraine. – 10.09.2014. – Mode of access: http://msfz.minfin.gov.ua.
- Guidelines on accounting policies / Order of the Ministry of Finance of 06.27.2013 №635 // Ministry of Finance of Ukraine. – 10.09.2014. – Mode of access: http://minfin.gov.ua.
- Pushkar M. Trends and patterns of accounting development in Ukraine (theoretical and methodological aspects): Author. dis … Dr. Ec. sciences: 08.06.04 / Ternopil Academy of National Economy. – Ternopil, 2000 – 31 p.
- Accounting Theory: [Tutorial] / M. Kuzhelnyy, V. Linnik. – K .: MBK, 2001 – 334 p.
- Organization of accounting and financial control in the modern business environment in Ukraine / L. Lovinska, I. Stefanyuk. – K .: NDFI, 2006 – 240 p.