Environmental protection is one of the main stream in business development.The purpose of this research is to identify how company should account their environmental liability. The article consists of National Accounting Standards or International Accounting Standard Company analyses as both can be used in Ukraine. This article describes options for environmental liability accounting. On the one hand, company can identify environmental liability, and book it on below-line balance account. It is called contingent liability in that case. On the other hand, such liability can be considered as object for provisions. The second option means that company not only identify its environmental liability, but also will step to step create essential amount for environmental management. Also such allocation can be included into expenses. In that way company divide potential losses between periods and secure company from the big one in some recognized period. Sometimes such outstanding liabilities can lead to bankruptcy because of huge amounts.
Keywords: contingent liabilities, environmental costs, fund, provision.
- Dorosh N.I.Audit: theory and practice [Text]: [monograph] / DoroshN.I.. – K.: T-vo “Znannia”, KOO, 2006. – 495 p.
- Shvets V.H. Accounting theory [Text]: [monograph] / V. H. Shvets. – 3-rd ed.,revised and add. – K. :Znannia, 2008. – 535 p.
- Kupalova H.I. Ecological component in investment attractiveness indexes of regions of Ukraine / H.I. Kupalova, N.O.Korenieva // Journal of University of Banking of the National Bank of Ukraine. – 2010. – № 3. – p. 133–136.
- Moskalenko A. P. Economy of nature and environment protection [Text]: [monograph] / A. P. Moskalenko. – M.: YKTs “MarT”, Rostov-n/D : “MarT”, 2003. – 224 p.
- Pakhomova N.V. Environmental management [Text]: [monograph] / Pakhomova N.V., Эnders A., Rykhter K. – SPb.:S., 2003. – 544 p.
- ShevchukV.Ia. Environmental audit [Text]: [monograph]/ ShevchukV.Ia., SatalkinIu.M., Navrotskyi V.M. – K.: Vyshchashkola, 2000, – 344 p.
- Papinko V.Z. Accounting and analysis of environmental activities of chemical industry of Ukraine: abstr. diss.of cand. econ.science:: 08.00.09 / V.Z. Papinko; Ternopil Academy of National Economy, Accounting and Auditing. – T., 2004. – 20 p.
- Ardatieva T.I. Accounting of expenses on environmental activities, organization and methods: : abstr. diss. cand. econ.science: 08.00.09 / T.I. Ardatieva: State Statistics Service of Ukraine, the National Academy of Statistics, Accounting and Auditing. – K., 2014. – 20 p.
- IAS 37 “Provisions, Contingent Liabilities and Contingent Assets” [electronic resource] // Bukhhalter 911: [site]. – Mode of access: http://buhgalter911.com/Res/MSBO/MSBO37.pdf
- Minfin of Ukraine order On approval of Regulations (standards) of accounting 11 “Commitments” from 31.01.2000 № 2.
- Resolution of the Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine “On approval of the method of estimation of losses from emergency situations of technogenic and natural character” of 15 February 2002 р. №175 [electronic resource] // Parliament of Ukraine: [site]. – Mode of access: http://zakon4.rada.gov.ua/laws/show/175-2002-%D0%BF.