Article is devoted to theoretical analysis of nature and structure of intellectual property relations. Types of intellectual property relations and its role in public reproduction are investigated. Peculiarities of intellectual property relations are considered. Two groups of approaches to classification of intellectual property objects are analysed: classification of objects depending on its characteristics which is based on the analysis of their most essential features, specificity of their protection, features of realisation of the property and non-property rights; classification on the basis of various minor criterions which do not reveal nature and character of objects but at the same time allow to divide them into groups according to concrete tasks of research. Necessity of defining of incorporeal objects of intellectual property which cannot be labelled as objects of copyright, industrial property or branding tools is proved. Criteria of classification of party’s to intellectual property relations are investigated. The subject structure of intellectual property relations according to the legislation of Ukraine is defined. New approaches to classification of party’s to intellectual property relations depending on their role in relations of intellectual property and their economic functions are offered, which allow to embrace as much as possible all participants of intellectual property relations, consider their role in the process of commercialisation, and draw attention to subjects which carry out regulating and mediatorial functions on the intellectual property market.
Keywords: intellectual property relations, classification, objects and subjects of intellectual property, copyright, industrial property.
- Bazylevych V.D. Intellectual property [text] / V.D. Bazylevych. – Кyiv: Znanna, 2008. – 431 p.
- Kiselyova J.S. Intellectual property substitutes classification // Questions of the modern right: Collective papers. – Novosibirsk, 2012. – p. 22-30.
- Kraynev P.P. Intellectual economy: management of the industrial property [text] / P.P. Kraynev. – Кyiv: In Jure, 2004. – 348 p.
- Mironenko N. Nature of intellectual property subjects and criteria of their classification / N. Mironenko // Theory and practice of intellectual property, 2009. – Vol.2. – P. 11-24
- Sergeyev A.P. Intellectual property right in the Russian Federation [text] / A.P. Sergeyev. – Мoscow: TEIS, 1996. – 704 p.
- Civil Code of Ukraine [On-line] // Supreme Council of Ukraine: [web-page]. – Access at: http://zakon1.rada.gov.ua/laws/show/435-15.
- Commercial Code of Ukraine [On-line] // Supreme Council of Ukraine: [web-page]. – Access at: http://zakon1.rada.gov.ua/laws/show/436-15.
- Law of Ukraine “About copyright and related rights” [On-line] // Supreme Council of Ukraine: [web-page]. – Access at: http://zakon4.rada.gov.ua/laws/show/3792-12.
- Law of Ukraine “About protection of geographical indications” [On-line] // Supreme Council of Ukraine: [web-page]. – Access at: http://zakon 4.rada.gov.ua/laws/show/752-14.