The article defines the concept of economic mentality as informal institution, analyzes the basic approaches to the interpretation of this category in institutional theory, the structure of the institutional environment, indicates the place and role of economic mentality in the system of institutional factors of economic development, outlines the prospects for further research of this problem.
Keywords: economic mentality; institutional environment; socio-economic development; institutional matrix; transformation economy.
- Davis L., North D., 1971,”Institutional Change and American Economic Growth”, 424 р.
- Gaidai T., 2006,”Institution as an instrument of institutional economic analysis”, Economic theory, Issue 2, pp. 53-64 (ukr).
- Hamilton W., 2007, “Institutional approach to economic theory”, Economic Journal of Rostov State University, Issue 2, pp.110-117 (rus).
- Degtyareva S., 2006, “Institutional changes in the national economic model”, Donetsk National Technical University. Series: Economic, Issue 103-2, pp.50-55 (rus).
- Katyhrobova A., 2010, Problems of implementation of institutional reforms of the economy in current conditions, Journal of Poltava State Agrarian Academy, Issue 4, pp.92-96 (ukr).
- Kirdina S., 2004, “X and Y – Economy: Institutional Analysis”, 118 p. (rus).
- Kleiner B., 2006, “The New Institutional Economics”, Russian Management Journal, Issue 4, pp. 113-122 (rus).
- Lipov V., 2009, “Institutional complementarity in the formation and development of national socio-economic systems of the world”, Issue 4, pp. 51-68 (rus).
- North D., 2000, “Institutions, institutional change and economic distortions”,198 p. (ukr).
- North D., 2010, “Institutional change: a framework analysis”, Problems of Economics, Issue 3, pp. 6-17 (rus).
- Polterovich V., Popov V., 2007, “Democracy, the quality of institutions and economic growth”, Ojkumena: Almanac comparative studies of political institutions, social and economic systems and civilizations, Issue 5, pp. 198-214 (rus).
- Rozmainsky I., 2005,”Post-Keynesian model of man” and the economic behavior of the Russians in the 1990s”, Economic Journal of Rostov State University, Issue 1, pp. 62-73 (rus).
- Skorobogatov A., 2007, “Institutions as a factor of the order and as a source of chaos: The new institutional-Post Keynesian analysis”, Problems of Economics, Issue 8, pp. 103-118 (rus).