Financial stability of agricultural producers the most effective method to stimulate the development of agricultural insurance, which is part of the insurance premium compensation to agricultural producers for insurance contracts and regulation of insurance state. Government support of agricultural producers with their property insurance provides in a many developed countries (USA, Canada, Spain, etc.), through which achieved a high level of insurance in the agricultural sector of the economy. In Ukraine agricultural insurance also carried out with government support, but its development is characterized by slow pace. Problems of development of agricultural insurance and solutions determine the relevance of the study of this problem. Agriculture is the key to food security. Insurance system should provide financial support to rural producers. That damage the agricultural sector affect not only the interests of the producers and the state in general, there is a need to create a basis for substantial government support for agriculture. Considerable support can be carried out through government subsidies producers or insurers in insurance operations.
Keywords: insurance, agricultural insurance, agricultural risks, subsidies, insurance services.
- Aleksandrova M. (2011) “Foreign experience of formation and development of crop insurance”, Zakordonnyy dosvid formuvannya ta rozvytku system strakhuvannya sil’s’kohospodars’kykh kul’tur. Mizhnarodnyy zbirnyk naukovykh prats’. – # 2(20). – p. 26
- International Financing Corporation (2011) Stvorennia efektyvnoi systemy ahrostrakhuvannia z aktyvnoiu uchastiu derzhavy – mozhlyvi variant dlia Ukrainy – Analitychna zapyska, pidhotovlena Proektom “Rozvytok ahrostrakhuvannia v Ukraini”, Mizhnarodna finansova korporatsiia (IFC, Hrupa Svitovoho banku), available at: http:// www.ifc.com.
- Pikus R., Prykazyuk N., Tlusta H. (2012) “Financial risk management”, Upravlinnya finansovymy ryzykamy – Lohos, – 280s.
- Filonyuk O. (2011) “Current trends in insurance”, Suchasni tendentsiyi rozvytku strakhuvannya – Strakhova sprava. – # 3. – p. 6-9
- Fysun I. (2011) “Foreign experience agricultural insurance risks and the feasibility of its application in Ukraine”, Zarubizhnyy dosvid strakhuvannya ahrarnykh ryzykiv ta dotsil’nist’ yoho zastosuvannya v Ukrayini, available at: http://www.rusnauka.com/1_NIO_2011/Economics/78211.doc.htm
- Carpenter, G. 2006. Global Agriculture Insurance and Reinsurance Market Overview. Guy Carpenter and Co: New York.
- Mahul, O. and Stutley 2010. Government Support to Agricultural Insurance: Challenges and Options for Developing Countries. The World Bank. Washington, DC. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1596/978-0-8213-8217-2.
- Mapfre. 1984. Crop Insurance in the Countries of the Third World. Report of the Fourth Third World Insurance Congress, Casablanca. Corporacion Mapfre S.A., Madrid.
- Meuwissen, M. P. M., Huirne, R. B. M., Hardaker, J. B. 1999: income insurance in European Agriculture, European Economy, 2, European Commission, Directorate-General for Economic and Financial Affairs. DOI: 10.1111/j.1746- 692X.2003.tb00037.x 10.Siamwalla, A., and A. Valdes. “Should Crop Insurance be Subsidized?” In Crop Insurance for Agricultural Development, ed. P. B. R. Hazell, C. Pomareda, and A. Valdes. Baltimore MD: Johns Hopkins University Press. DOI: 10.2307/1058794
- World Insurance Report 2015 [Online], available at: https://www.capgemini.com/thought-leadership/world-insurance- report-2015