The results of improving the author’s methodology linked with the assessment of companies’ and markets’ globalization level were presented in this paper. Based on the analysis of the global companies’ and global markets’ features referred to in scientific literature, the specifications which can be used to determine the globalization level of companies and markets were suggested. In addition, the globalization level of the largest top-ten companies (according to the rating of Forbes Global 2000 Leading Companies) in 2015 was identified as well as that of corresponding industry markets: auto and truck manufacturers, major banks, software and programming, large department stores (retailers), telecommunication services, electronics producers, electronics, oil and gas operations.
Keywords: global companies, global markets, company globalization index, index of market globalization, multi-dimensional medium, standardization.
- Bazylevych, V. (2013),Modern economic theory: searching a new paradigm. Bulletin of Taras Shevchenko National University of Kyiv, Kyiv, Ukraine. Economics, 146, pp. 5-7.
- Grazhevska, N. (2008), Ekonomichni systemy epokhy hlobal’nykh zmin, Kyiv: Znannya.
- Levitt,T.(1983), HarvardBusinessReview, 61, pp. 92-102.
- Hout, T., Porter, M., Rudden, E. (1982). How Global Companies Win Out.Harvard Business Review, 60, pp. 98-109.
- Porter, M. E.(1990), Competitive Advantage of Nations. New York: Free Press.
- Porter, M. E.(1998), On Competition. Boston: Harvard Business School.
- Porter, M. E. (ed.) (1986). Competition in Global Industries. Boston: Harvard Business School Press.
- Porter, M. E. (1980), Competitive Strategy: Techniques for Analyzing Industries and Competitors. New York: The Free Press.
- Yip, G.S., Loewe, P.M., Yoshino, M Y. (1988), How to take your company to the global market, Columbia Journal of Business, Winter.
- Azevedo, G., Bertrand, H. (2004), How to convert a multinational company in a global one? Developing a proposal based on the business administration literature, Management of Multinational Corporation, Hyderabad: ICFA.
- Inkpen, A.C., Ramaswamy, K. (2006), Globalstrategy: creating and sustaining advantage across borders.Y.: Oxford University Press.
- Bazylevych, V., Kovtun, N., Ignatyuk, A. (2014), Measurement Systems to assess the level of market globalization. Political science, international relations and security studies. Sibiu: Lucian Blaga University of Sibiu, pp.237-251.
- Kovtun, N., Ignatyuk, A. (2014), Multidimensional Assessment of Globalization at the Level of a Company (Sectors). Procedia Economics and Finance, Vol. 16, pp.690-702.doi:10.1016/S2212-5671(14)00857-0
- Global 2000, http://www.forbes.com/global2000/list/.
- Naumenkova, S.V., Mishchenko, S.V. (2009), Problemy podolannya nehatyvnoho vplyvu hlobal’nykh dysproportsiy ta formuvannya novoho heofinansovoho mekhanizmu.FinansyUkrayiny, 3,pp, 23 – 36.