The article is devoted to the analysis of the enhancement to the Basel III framework in the Ukrainian banking sector. The package of reforms offered by the Basel Committee on Banking Supervision is investigated. The author has defined the difficulties to implementation Basel III capital requirements to Ukrainian banking sector in conditions of growing economic instability. The rate of combined buffer requirements for Ukrainian banks’ absorbing ability has been given more exactly. Out of minimum total capital was assessed to mitigate the systemic risks in the Ukrainian banking sector. The proposals for strengthening of prudential supervisory activity were suggested by author to raising the resilience of the financial system of Ukraine and prediction of regulatory arbitrage.
Keywords: Basel I, II, III; combined buffer requirements, banking supervision, systemic risk, financial sustainability.
- Core Principles for Effective Banking Supervision. Bank for International Settlements. 2012. [on-line]: http://www.bis.org/publ/bcbs230.pdf.
- International Convergence of Capital Measurement and Capital Standard. A Revised Framework. Updated November 2005: Basel Committee on Banking Supervision, 2005. [on-line]: http://www.bis.org/publ/bcbs118.pdf.
- Enhancements to the Basel II framework. Basel Committee on Banking Supervision, July 2009. [on-line]: bis.org/publ/bcbs157.htm
- Basel III: A Global Regulatory Framework for More Resilient Banks and Banking Systems. December 2010 (rev June 2011): Basel Committee on Banking Supervision, 2010. [on-line]: http://www.bis.org/publ/bcbs189.pdf
- Global Systemically Important Banks: Updated Assessment Methodology and the Higher Loss Absorbency Requirement. July 2013: Basel Committee on Banking Supervision, 2013. [on-line]: http://www.bis.org/publ/bcbs255.pdf.
- Basel III: The Liquidity Coverage Ratio and Liquidity Risk Monitoring Tools. January 2013: Basel Committee on Banking Supervision, 2013. [on-line]: http://www.bis.org/publ/bcbs238.pdf
- Basel III: The Net Stable Funding Ratio. Basel Committee on Banking Supervision, October 2014. [on-line]: bis.org/bcbs/publ/d295.htm
- Basel III leverage ratio framework and disclosure requirements. Basel Committee on Banking Supervision, January 2014. [on-line]: bis.org/publ/bcbs270.htm
- Regulation (EU) No 575/2013 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 26 June 2013 on prudential requirements for credit institutions and investment firms and amending Regulation (EU) No 648/2012. [on-line]: http://eur- lex.europa.eu/legal-content/EN/TXT/?uri=uriserv:0J.L_.2013.176.01.0001.01.ENG&toc=0J:L:2013:176:T0C
- Directive of the European Parliament and of the Council of 26 June 2013 on access to the activity of credit institutions and the prudential supervision of credit institutions and investment firms, amending Directive 2002/87/EC and repealing Directives 2006/48/EC and 2006/49/EC // Official Journal. – L 176. – 27.06.2013. – P. 338-436. [on-line]: http://eur-lex.europa.eu/legal-content/EN/TXT/?uri=uriserv:0J.L_.2013.176.01.0338.01.ENG&toc=0J:L:2013:176:T0C
- Mishchenko V.l. Vzaemodiya organiv derjavnogo upravlinnya yak faktor podolannya finansovoi’ krizi. Finansi Ukraini. 2009, 1, pp. 50 – 57.
- Mishchenko S.V. Poєdnannya funkcii strategichnogo rozvitku ta antikrizovogo upravlinnya v diyalnosti centralnih bankiv. Aktualni problemi ekonomiki. 2016, 2, pp. 266 – 272.
- Regulyuvannya diyalnosti bankiv v umovah globalnih viklikiv: monografiya, 2012.
- Mishchenko V.I. Evolyuciya pidhodiv do ocinki kapitalu v Bazelskih ugodah. Bankivska sprava. 2005, 4, pp. 3 – 9.
- Mishchenko V Basel III: New Approaches to Banking Sector Regulation. Herald of the National Bank of Ukraine (in Ukrainian). 2011, 1(179), pp. 4 – 9.
- Zveryakov M. Bankivskii kapital: vimogi Bazelya .Finansi Ukraini. 2011, pp. 13 – 23.
- Pro zatverdjennya Polojennya pro poryadok viznachennya sistemno vajlivih bankiv.: [on-line]: http://zakon5.rada.gov.ua/laws/show/v0863500-14#n11
- Naumenkova S. The Effectiveness of Prudential Banking Supervision: Peculiarities of Methodical Approaches. Bulletin of Taras Shevchenko National University of Kyiv. Economics, 2015, 10(175), pp. 46-54. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1772171728-2667.2015/175-10/8
- Kharlamova G. The Degree of State’s Globalization Assessment in Aspects of Convergence and Integration in the World. Bulletin of Taras Shevchenko National University of Kyiv. Economics. 2015, 6(171), pp. 65-73. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.17721/1728-2667.2015/171-6/12
- Sbarcea, I. (2015). Implementation Of Basel III In The European Banking Sector. Bulletin of Taras Shevchenko National University of Kyiv. Economics 30(171), 60-65. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/17721/1728-2667.2015/171-6/1
- Naumenkova S. Macroprudential Instruments in Financial Stability Mechanism. Finance of Ukraine. 2015, 10(239), pp. 53 – 76.
- Ivanov V. Economic-Law Collisions in Financial Markets Research. Bulletin of Taras Shevchenko National University of Kyiv. Economics, 2013, 12(153), pp.35 – 41. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.17721/1728-2667.2013/153-12/8