The paper defines the role of insurance and risk management in corporate social responsibility. Analysed some of the social problems of certain sectors of the economy and the distribution of investments by insurance companies in a socially-oriented areas of the economy. The result of the analysis show that the problem of insurance and risk management should be directed to the development of innovative insurance products that would receive specific corporate social value by real locating investments. To better study on strategic risk – management must diversify and improve the traditionally accepted methodological tools. We consider the theory of positional feedback and corresponding IRT innovative model for analysis of complex, highly-defined characteristics of this sector. In order to determine a common objective evaluation system of corporate social responsibility for all companies emphasis on practical social benefits as measuring the effectiveness and success of socially responsible activities, the benefits that the company will receive from the decision of the social project. The proposed comprehensive system of indicators based insurance, which allows you to deepen the study of social responsibility in risk management strategies. The indicator system includes the following sections: 1. Navkolyshnye environment. 2. Local government (social security community). 3. Occupational Safety. 4. Internal corporate relations. 5. Equality. 6. Product Attributes. 7. Management. 8. The interest of business. 9. Liability business. 10. Socially responsible insurance. The comparative characteristic of the efficacy of social activity of companies and assess their socio-oriented activities for the previous ten years.
Keywords: Social Responsibility; Environment; Sustainable Development; Public Organization, Risk Management; Research Methodology; Modeling; Innovation.
Date of submission 05.03.16
- Bazylevych, V.D., Bazylevych, K.S., Pikus, R.V. etal. (2008). Strakhuvannya: Pidruchnyk. V.D. Bazylevycha (Ed.). Kyiv: Znannya.
- Bayura, D.O. (2009). Korporatyvna sotsial’na vidpovidal’nist’ yak skladova pidvyshchennya efektyvnosti systemy korporatyvnoho upravlinnya. Kyiv: Visnyk KNU imeni Tarasa Shevchenka. Ekonomika, 113-114, 60-63.
- Zhukovs’ka, V.M. (2009).Sotsial’na vidpovidal’nist’ yak napryam realizatsiy i korporatyvnoyi stratehiyi rozvytku. Kyiv: Finansy Ukrayiny, 14-21.
- Kotler, F. N.&Li, N. (2005). Korporatyvna sotsial’na vidpovidal’nist’, Yak zrobyty yakomoha bil’she dobra dly avashoyi kompaniyi ta suspil’stva. (S.Yarynych, Trans). Kyiv: Standart.
- Natsional’na stratehiya sotsial’noyi vidpovidal’nosti biznesu v Ukrayini. Retrieved from http://www.uspp.org.ua/media/0/o20KSV+.dots.
- Natsional’nyy bank Ukrayiny. Ofitsiyne internet-predstavnytstvo. Retrieved from http://www.bank.gov.ua.
- Pikus R., Nesterova D. (2015) Efektyvnist’ investytsiynoyi stratehiy I strakhovykh kompaniy v Ukrayini. Kyiv: Visnyk KNU imeni Tarasa Shevchenka. Ekonomika, 3 (168),6-12. DOI: dx.doi.org/10.17721/1728-2667.2016/168-3/1
- Richnizvity Natskomfinposluh. Retrieved from email@example.com/
- Kharlamova A.O. (2012). Korporatyvna sotsial’na vidpovidal’nist’ neobkhidnyy chynnyk formuvannya korporatyvnoyi Stratehiyi. Kyiv: Efektyvna ekonomika, 2, 17-21.
- Alvesson, M., Sandberg, J. (2013). Has management studies lost its Way? Ideas for more imaginative and innovative research. Journal of Management Studies, 50(1), 128-152.
- Arora, A., Gittelman, M., Kaplan, S., Lynch, J., Mittchell, W., and Siggelkow, N. (2016). Question-based innovations in strategy research methods. Strategic Management Journal, 37, 3-9.
- Boyd, B., Gove, S., and Hitt, M. (2005). Construct measurement in strategic management research: illusion or reality? Strategic Management Journal, 26(3), 239-257.
- Carroll, R.J., Primo, D.M., and Richter, B.K. (2016). UsingItem Response Theory to improve measurementin strategic management research: An application to corporate social responsibility. Strategic Management Journal, 37,66-85.
- Krivokapic-Skoko, B., O’neill, G. (2011). Beyond the qualitative-quantitative distinction: Some innovative methods for business and management research. International Journal of Multiple Research Approaches, 5(3), 290-300.
- Stenner, P., Staintin Rogers, R. (2004). Q methodology and qualiquantology: The example of discriminating between emotions. In Z. Todd, B. Nerlich, S. McKeown, and D.D. Clarke (Eds.), Mixing methods in psychology (pp. 57-189). New York: Psychology Press.
- Takavarasha Jr, S., Bednar, P., and Adams, C. (2011). Using mixed methods for addressing researcher’s safety in a conflict area: An innovative of mixed methods research in Zimbabwe. International Journal of Mixed Methods in Applied Business and Policy research, 1(1), 28-52.
- Waddock, S., Graves, S. (1997). The corporate social performance-financial performance link. Strategic Management Journal, 18 (4), 303-319.