The article analyses the unexplored category of “fiscal consolidation”. The study shows a different interpretation of the content of fiscal consolidation. It was emphasized that in today’s fiscal policy in the EU aims mainly at implementing fiscal consolidation programs that provide sustainable public finances by implementing measures to limit the fiscal imbalances (especially deficit of governance and public debt). The paper analyses the fiscal consolidation program aimed at stabilizing of public finances and improve their sustainability. The research proved that fiscal rules and norms contribute to the process of fiscal consolidation.
Keywords: fiscal policy, fiscal rules, fiscal consolidation, budget balance, public debt, structural and cyclical changes sustainability of public finances.
Date of submission 22.05.16
- Fiscal consolidation: Totals of the visit of IMF into Ukraine. Economic News on 16.11.2010. Available at: http://operativno.net/business/16183/ [in Rus.].
- Efimenko T.I., Hasanov S., Kudryashov V.P. and others (2014) Modernization of the financial system of Ukraine in European integration: in 2 Vol. Academy of Financial Management, Vol. 1, Kyiv, Ukraine, 760 p. [in Ukr.].
- Keynes J. M. (2007) The General Theory of Employment, Interest and Money. Eksmo, Moscow, 960 p. [in Rus.].
- Friedman M. (2002) Monetarism Bases. Translated from German by D.A. Kozlova, TEYS, Moscow, 175 p. [in Rus.].
- Price R. (2010) The Political Economy of Fiscal Consolidation. OECD Economics Department Working Papers, № 776, P. 5.
- .Efimenko T. I. (2012) Fiscal space crisis management], Academy of Financial Management. Kyiv, Ukraine, 332 p. [in Ukr.].
- Heyets’ V.M. (2009) Society, state, economy: phenomenology and development cooperation. Ukraine National Academy of Sciences, Institute of Economics and Forecasting, 864 p. [in Ukr.].
- Available at: http:// Lexicon.fl.com/term.
- Public Finances in EMV 2011 (2011) European Economy, № 3, P. 195.
- Sachs J. An Overview of Stabilization Issues Facing Economics in Transition. Available at: http://www.cisp/org.ua/cisp_uk.nsf/CISP-Jeffrey- Sachs-02-Ukr?OpenForm.
- Barrios S. (2010) EU Fiscal Consolidation after the Financial Crisis: Lesson from Past Experiences. EC Economic Paper, № 148, P. 11.
- Price R. (2010) The Political Economy of Fiscal Consolidation. OECD Economics Deportment Working Papers, № 776, Р.
- Fiscal consolidation: macroeconomic issues and institutional arrangements (2013) Monography, [Edited by Tarantul L. L.]. Research Institute of Finances Low, Alerta, 496 p. [in Ukr.].
- Hasanov S. S., Kudryashov V. P., Balakyn R. L. (2014) Areas of forming fiscal policy in terms of EU-Ukraine Association. Finance of Ukraine, No. 1, pp. 22-38 [in Ukr.].
- Merola R. (2012) Fiscal Consolidation: Part 3. Long-Run Projections and Fiscal Gap Calculations. OECD Economics Department Working Papers, № 934, P. 17. Available at: http://dx.doi.org/10.1787/5k9h28p42pf1-en.
- Fiscal Monitor Taking Stock A. Progress Reform on Fiscal Adjustment (2012, December). International Monetary Fund. – 3rd printing (revised), 910. Available at: http: //www.imf.org/external/pubs/ft/fm/2012/02/pdf/fm1202.pdf.
- Wyplosz Ch. (2005, January) Fiscal Policy: Institutions Versus Rules. National Institute Economic Review, № 191, Р. 70-84.
- IMF Fiscal Monitor. (D.C.): IMF, 2012 (Oct.), P. 25-29.
- Milesi-Ferretti G.M. (2000) Good, Bad or Ugly? On the Effects of Fiscal Rule with Creative Accounting. IMF Working Paper, № 172. http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/s0047-2727(02)00076-2_