The article is devoted to analysis the nature and peculiarities of stakeholder’s conflicts of interests in corporations. it is mentioned that corporation is a system that continuously interacts with stakeholders which include a wide range of subjects interested in the company. The model of corporation functioning’ environment as the environment of interests is developed. The corporation is considered to be a system that continuously interacts with subjects of interest’ environment namely stakeholders which include a wide range of subjects interested in the company’ activity. The objectives of stakeholders entering into a relationship with the corporation are revealed. The key groups of stakeholders in corporation are determined. The main cause of interests’ conflict in the corporation is outlined as the opposite of the general and private interests. And the bearer of general interest is the corporation and of private are individual stakeholders. The model of Accountability Scorecard decision is proposed for making decision about classification of certain persons to corporation’ stakeholders. The various feasibility of stakeholders interests in the countries with transition economies are determined. The specific principles of conflicts’ interests’ management are outlined.
Keywords: corporation; conflict of interests; stakeholders; stakeholders’ interests; conflicts of interests’ management.
Date of submission 26.05.16
- Freeman, R.Edward (2001), “Stakeholder Theory of the Modern Corporation”, Perspectives in Business Ethics Sie, 3, p. 144.
- Ped’ko, A.B. (2008), Sobstvennost’, kontrol’ i konflikt interesov v akcionernyh obshhestvah [Property, Control and Conflict of Interest in Joint Stock Companies], ID “INZhEK”, Kharkiv, Ukraine.
- Kuz’mina, A.V. (2011), “The Category “Interest’ in Legal Views of .IA. Ilin”, Istorija gosudarstva iprava, vol.9, 38 – 42.
- Jenciklopedicheskij slovar’ biznesmena. Menedzhment, marketing, informatika (1993), [Encyclopedic Dictionary of Business. Management, Marketing, Computer Science] / [pod M.I.Moldovanova], Tehnika, Kyiv, Ukraine.
- Shershn’ova, Z.Ye. (2005), “The Limits of Intervention in Corporation Conflicts of Interest”, Visnyk Cherkas’koho universytetu, 69, pp. 137 – 142.
- Shershn’ova, Z.Ye. (2007), “Methodological Guidelines for the Development of Models of Organization Environment’ Functioning as a “Environment of Interests””, mat.Mizhnar. nauk.-prakt.konf., prysviachen.100-richchiu vid dnia narodzh. Bukhala Serhiia Maksymovycha, doktora ekonomichnykh nauk, profesora [Conference Proceedings of the International Science and Practical Conference dedicated to the 100th anniversary of the birth of Sergei Maksimovic Bukhalo, Doctor of Economics, professor], Ekonomichna orhanizatsiia ta ekonomichna osvita: vzaiemoobumovlenist’ stratehij rozvytku [The economic organization and economic education: the interdependence of development strategies], Kyiv, Ukraine, 7-8 February, pp.381-384.
- Khymenko, S.M. (2006), “Conflicts of Interests’ Management in the Process of the Corporation’s Functioning (at the Example of Kryvyj Rih Enterprises of Iron-Ore Industry)”, Abstract of Ph.D. dissertation, Economics and Management of the Enterprises (by the Kinds of Economic Activities), Kyiv National Economic University named after Vadym Hetman, Kyiv, Ukraine
- Khymenko, S.M. (2006), “Corporate Governance and Its Role in Consolidating and Directing Various Interest Groups to Ensure the Development of Joint Stock Companies”, Stratehiia ekonomichnoho rozvytku Ukrainy: Zb. nauk. prats’, 18, pp. 76-83.
- Dovhan’, L.Ye. and Malyk, I.P. (2006), Korporatyvne upravlinnia: instytutsional’ni aspekty: monohrafiia [Corporate Governance: Institutional Aspects], Politekhnika, Kyiv, Ukraine.
- Baiura, D. and Sytenko, D. (2015), “IPO as an Effective Institution and a recondition of Corporate Restructuring for Agricultural Companies”, Visnyk Kyivs’koho natsional’noho universytetu imeni Tarasa Shevchenka. Seriia Ekonomika, 5, pp. 17-23.
- Nickols, F. (2002), “The Stakeholder Scorecard: A Stakeholder-based Approach to “Keeping Score””, Performance Management, August 21, available at: http://home.att.net/~nickols/scorecrd.htm
- Stivenson, (2007), “The Growth Implications”, The McKinsey Quarterly, vol.12, available at: http://www.mckinsey.com/russianquarterly/articles/issue18/03_0108.aspx
- Krush, P.V. Kavchysh, O.P. Hrechko, A.V. and Chykhach’ova, Yu.S. Formuvannia ta rozvytok modeli korporatyvnoho upravlinnia v transformatsijnij ekonomitsi [Formation and Development of Corporate Governance Model in Tranzitional Economy], TsUL, Kyiv, Ukraine.
- Cherpak, A.Ye. and Shershn’ova, Z.Ye. (2015), “The Effectiveness of Corporate Governance in Developing Models of Corporate Capital Owners and Other Stakeholders”, Biznes Ynform: Zhurnal KhNEU, 6, pp. 215 – 222.
- Shershn’ova, Z.Ye. Cherpak, A.Ye. Sylant’iev, S.O. ta Instytuty korporatyvnoho upravlinnia v umovakh innovatsijnoi ekonomiky [The Institutions of Corporate Governance in Terms of Innovative Economy], KNEU, Kyiv, Ukraine.