The article analyzed the process of reforming the system of accounting and reporting in Ukraine in accordance with International Financial Reporting Standards. The main results of the tasks of the Strategy of application IFRS in Ukraine approved by the Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine in 2007 are identified. The results of analysis showed that only 1% of the total number of enterprises form the financial statements in accordance with IFRS, the others apply national standards of accounting. The proportion of small enterprises is 95% that do not have the financial capacity, qualified staff and the necessary motivation for the formation of financial statements in accordance with IFRS. As a result, one of the main objectives of the reform of the accounting and reporting is to improve the legislation on accounting for small enterprises and develop national accounting standards of the simplified procedure for accounting of assets, liabilities, equity and financial results of the calculation for small enterprises.
Keywords: accounting; financial statements; International Financial Reporting Standards; National standards of accounting; methodology of accounting.
Date of submission 27.08.16
- On State Program of Adaptation of the Legislation of Ukraine to the Legislation of European Union Law of Ukraine 2004. Kyiv: The Verkhovna Rada of Ukraine.
- Strategy of the Adoptation of International Financial Reporting Standards in Ukraine Act 2007. Kyiv: Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine.
- Shvets, V.G., 2015. Accounting Theory.Kyiv: Knowledge.
- Holov, S.F., Kostyuchenko, V.N., 2007. Accounting and Financial Reporting According to International Standards. Kharkiv: Factor
- Kireytsev, G., 2007. Economic Globalization and Standardization of Accounting Methodology. Zhytomyr: ZSTU.
- Malyuga, N.M., 2006. The Concept of Accounting in Ukraine: Theoretical and Methodological Foundations. Zhytomyr: ZSTU.
- Lovinska, L.G., The Impact of Integration Processes on the Development of Accounting and Reporting in Ukraine. Finance of Ukraine, № 9. pp. 21-30.
- Kuzina, R.V., Corporate Accounting and Reporting in Ukraine: Current State and Development Prospects. Kherson: Grin D.
- Ramanna, Sletten E., 2009. Why Countries Adopt International Financial Reporting Standards? Working Papers. http://dx.doi.org/10.2139/ ssrn.1460763
- Program of Accounting Reform of the International Standards Act 1998. Kyiv: Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine.
- The Request to the State Statistics Service of Ukraine “On the number of enterprises for 2012-2015. in Ukraine to provide financial statements prepared in accordance with International Financial Reporting Standards”№ 152-20 / 1400PI 12.09.2016.
- Number of enterprises by their size, 2016. State Statistics Service of Ukraine. [online] Available at: http://www.ukrstat.gov.ua [Accessed 25 September 2016].
- On Accounting and Financial Reporting in Ukraine Law of Ukraine 1999. Kyiv: The Verkhovna Rada of Ukraine.
- Zhuk, V.M., The Problems of Strategy IFRS Implementation in Ukraine. Accounting and Auditing, №10. pp.16-22.
- Alon, A. Dwyer, D., 2014. Early Adoption of IFRS as a Strategic Response to Transnational and Local Influence. The International Journal of Accounting, 2014. Vol. 49. pp. 348-370.
- Prochazka, D., The Development of Capital Markets of New Countries after IFRS Adoption. Socio-economic Research Bulletin, Issue 4 (55). pp. 97-108.