The place of Ukraine in the world rankings, the level of economic freedom in Ukraine and its impact on competitiveness are considered in the article. The analysis of tendencies of development of Ukraine inthe international arena is carried and competitiveness of the national economy is defined. The indices of global competitiveness and economic freedom are investigated. The basic components of these ratings are analyzed and correlation between economic freedom of the country and its competitiveness is proved. The macroeconomic and institutional factors of Ukraine’s competitiveness increase on the world stage are identified. It has been found out that reduction of the competitiveness of Ukraine in the international rankings is connected with the political instability and foreign aggression. Since military confrontation in the Donbas region lead to a steady decline in general economic indicators, destruction of infrastructure, lower production, it has a negative impact on future international competitiveness ranking of Ukraine.
Key words: competitiveness, economic freedom, national economy, world rankings, corruption, equilibrium development, competitive advantages, economic globalization, innovation.
Date of submission 16.08.16
- Sachs J.D, Press Releses – WEF. Available at: http.//weforum.org. [In USA]
- Goncharova N.M., 2006. Conceptual parameters of competitiveness of the national economy. Actual problems of economy, vol. 8, pp. 43 – 53. [In Ukrainian]
- Ukraine in the world rankings of competitiveness. Monitor competitiveness, 2010, vo1.1, pp. 4 – 10. [In USA]
- Ukraine has risen to 8 positions in the ranking of global competitiveness. Official veb-site UNIAN: Latest news from Ukraine and the world. Available at: http://economics.unian.ua/finance/958544-ukrajina-pidnyalasya-na-8-pozitsiy-u-reytingu-globalnoji-konkurentospromojnosti.html. [In Ukrainian]
- Country Rankings. Economic freedom. Available at: http://www.heritage.org/index/ranking.._[In USA]
- Goncharova N.M., 2007. Innovation competitive factors of economic development. Actual problems of economy, vol. 3, pp. 43 – 51. [In Ukrainian]
- Demidenko L.M., 2014, EU financial crisis: Causes and Cures. Bulletin of Kyiv National Taras Shevchenko, vol. 16, pp. 23 – 27. [In Ukrainian] http://dx.doi.org/10.17721/1728-2667.2014/160-7Z5
- Mylenkyi V. M., 2007. Activities of state institutions to ensure the priorities of innovative development of national economies in the face of international competition. Foreign trade: law and economics, vol. 6, pp. 67 – 72. [In Ukrainian]
- The Ukraine Competitiveness Report 2010, 2010. Foundation for Effective Governance, p. 230. [In Ukrainian]
- The conception of the State program of improving the competitiveness of the national economy in 2007, 2015. NAS of Ukraine, p. 220. [In Ukrainian]
- Ukraine’s position in the ranking of countries in the Global Competitiveness Index. Economic discussion club. Available at: http://edclub.com.ua/analityka/pozyciya-ukrayiny-v-reytyngu-krayin-svitu-za-indeksom-globalnoyi-konkurentospromozhnosti.._[In Ukrainian]
- The IMF has called the country with the highest GDP per capita. Ukrinform News. Available at: http://www.ukrinform.ua/ukr/news/ mvf_nazvav_kraiini_z_nayvishchim_vvp_na_ dushu_naselennya_1937404JIn Ukrainian]