In this paper we aim to analyse two paradigms, from the perspective of the mutual recursivity between them: telework and cloud computing. The main purpose of this scientific endeavour is to determine the level of support of each paradigm for the other and the synergic effect generated by their interdependence. We will approach functional, juridical and environmental issues. As result, we aim to highlight the way Cloud computing solutions may revolutionize all that is telework and who telework may be redefined through the transition to a superior level, called telework 2.0.
Key words. telework, Cloud computing, business reengineering, Green telework, management.
Date of submission 20.04.16
- Ciutacu, C. (2007), EIRO, Telework in Romania, Dublin, Eurofound, 2007, http://www.eurofound.europa.eu/observatories/eurwork/articles/telework-in-romania
- EFILWC (2009), European Foundation for the Improvement of Living and Working Conditions, Telework in the European Union, 2009, http://www.eurofound.europa.eu/ro/observatories/eurwork/comparative-information/telework-in-the- european-union
- EUR-lex (2005), http://eur-lex.europa.eu/legal-content/EN/TXT/?uri=URISERV:c10131
- EWCS (2015), Fifth European Working Conditions Survey – Overview Report, 14 May 2015, http://www.eurofound.europa.eu/surveys
- eWORK (2002), Status Report on New Ways to Work in the Knowledge Economy, eWORK 2002, European Commission, September 2002
- Forbes (2013), One In Five Americans Work From Home, Kenneth Rapoza – contributor, http://www.forbes.com/ sites/kenrapoza/2013/02/18/one-in-five-americans-work-from-home-numbers-seen-rising-over-60/#14d06d044768
- Ghilic-Micu, B., Stoica, M., Uscatu, C. (2015), Challenges of 4D(ata) Model for Electronic Government, Informatica Economica Journal, vol. 19, nr. 2/2015, p. 5, ISSN 1453-1305, DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.12948/issn14531305/19.2.2015.01
- Mokhtarian, P., Meenakshisundaram, R. (1999), Beyond tele-substitution: disaggregate longitudinal structural equations modeling of communication impacts, Transportation Research C, 7/1999, pp. 33-52
- Montgomery, J., Social Isolation & The Workplace of the Future, 25 February 2015, http://joelrmontgomery.com/ innovation/social-isolation-the-workplace-of-the-future/, DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/S0968-090x(99)00010-8
- NIST (2011), National Institute of Standards and Technology, http://www.nist.gov/itl/csd/cloud-102511.cfm
- PGi (2015), PGi’s New Survey Reveals the Latest Global Telework Stats, http://blog.pgi.com/2015/06/pgi-global- telework-survey/
- Toffler, A. (1983) Al treilea val, Editura Politica, Bucuresti 1983, Combinatul poligrafic Casa Scinteii, p. 55, p. 285.
- TW (2009), Telework Trendlines 2009, A Survey Brief by WorldatWork, Data collected by The Dieringer Research Group Inc., February 2009
- TW (2011), Telework 2011, A WorldatWork Special Report, Based on Data Collected by The Dieringer Research Group Inc. and WorldatWork, June 2011
- WFRN (2009), Work and Family Researchers Network, International Telework Association and Council, https://workfamily.sas.upenn.edu/archive/topic/telework/intro