This article approaches the general issue of diminishing the evidence investigation space in audit activities, by means of sampling techniques, given that in the instance of a significant data volume an exhaustive examination of the assessed popula¬tion is not possible and/or effective. The general perspective of the presentation involves dealing with sampling risk, in essence, the risk that a selected sample may not be representative for the overall population, in correlation with the audit risk model and with the component parts of this model (inherent risk, control risk and non detection risk) and highlights the inter-conditionings between these two models.
Key words: statistical selection models, non-statistical selection models, population, sampling unit, sampling risk, non- sampling.
Date of submission 20.04.16
- Arens, A.; Loebbecke, J. (2005) Audit – An Integrated Approach, 8th issue, Arc Publishing House.
- Guy, D.M.; Carmichael D.R.; Whittington, R. (2001) Audit Sampling – an Introduction, 5th issue New York: Wiley.
- Guidelines on Sampling Methods for Audit Authorities, Based on art. 62 of the Commission Regulation (EC) no. 1083/2006 and on art. 16 of the Commission Regulation (EC) no. 1828/2006. Available at: http://www.esfondi.lv/ upload/Revizijas_iestade/1.2.5._Sampling_eng_04.04.2013.pdf
- AICPA (2008) Audit Guidelines on Sampling, American Institute of Chartered Public Accountants (AICPA). Available at: http://www.aicpa.org/Publications/AccountingAuditing/KeyTopics/Pages/AuditSampling.aspx
- ISA 530, Audit Sampling – Manual for International Regulations on Quality Control, Audit, Review, Other Assurance Services and Related Services (2014), IRECSON Publishing House.
- Louis Braiotta Jr., R. Trent Gazzaway, Robert H (2015) – Planning the External Audit, The Audit Committee Handbook, Fifth Edition https://doi.org/10.1002/9781119199816.ch6.
- The Romanian Court of Accounts (2003) Financial and Regularity Audit Manual, Bucure§ti.
- The Romanian Court of Accounts (2013) Performance Audit Manual, Bucure§ti.
- The Romanian Court of Accounts (2015) The project Financial and Audit Manual, Bucure§ti.
- Wackerly, D.: Mendenhall, W.; Shearffer, R. (2008) Mathematical Statistics with Applications, 7th issue, Thomson Brooks/Cole, Florida.