At the reinsurance market the object of purchase and sale is a specific product – a reinsurance service. According to several scientists’ researches, the definition of a reinsurance service is clarified as a specific service in the form of selling legally formed liabilities concerning redistribution of already insured risk between insurance companies, which has its price, which is influenced by supply and demand. The author has proposed new approaches to the insurance service interpretation as a dominant, which causes the reinsurance market formation. It is shown that being traded in the reinsurance market, a reinsurance service is an important factor in the functioning and self-development of the market environment, it combines the interests of supply and demand holders and directly influences the market quality characteristics, causing trends of its further development. Supply and demand for a reinsurance service are influenced by both external and internal factors, the most important of them are: the capitalization level of insurers, the balance of their insurance portfolios, the condition of the state economy, the level of investment attractiveness, monetary and tax policy. The concepts of “reinsurance service demand” and “reinsurance service supply” have been clarified. Reinsurance service demand is a conscious and financially secured desire to buy reinsurance services. Reinsurance service supply is all services submitted in the reinsurance market.
Keywords: reinsurance; reinsurance service; reinsurance service demand; reinsurance service supply.
Date of submission 21.01.2017
- The Verkhovna Rada of Ukraine (1996), The Law of Ukraine “Pro strakhuvannia” 07.03.1996, No. 85/96-VR, available at: http://zakon1.rada.gov.ua/laws/show/85/96- %D0 %B2 %D1 %80 (Accessed 19 January 2017).
- Hamankova, O.O. (2009). The insurance service market of Ukraine: theory, methodology, practice: monograph. Kyiv: KNEU, 283 p.
- The WTO (1995), General Agreement on trade in services, available at: https://www.wto.org/english/docs_e/legal_e/ 26-gats.pdf (Accessed 19 January 2017).
- The Derzhspozhivstandart of Ukraine (2010), The order “Klasyfikatsiya vydiv ekonomichnoyi diyal’nosti” 11.10.2010, No. 457, available at: http://legal.com.ua/document/kodeks/0CH56CH42457609-10.html(Accessed 19 January 2017).
- Vnukova, N.M. (2009). Insurance: theory and practice: textbook. Kharkiv: Burun Knyha, 656 p.
- Mashina, N.I. (2006).”nternational insurance: teach. guide for students. of higher teach. Institutions. Kyiv: Centre of educational literature, 503 p.
- Kozmenko, O.V. (2011). Insurance and reinsurance markets in the era of globalization: monograph. Sumy: University Book, 388 p.
- Shumelda, Y.P. (2007). Insurance: textbook. 2nd ed. Kyiv: International Agency “BIZON”, 384 p.
- Kneysler, O.V. (2012). Reinsurance market in Ukraine: theoretical and methodological dominants of formation and development priorities: monograph. Kyiv: Centre of educational literature, 416 p.
- Turbina, K.E. (2003). Theory and practice of insurance: textbook. Moscow: Ankyl, 704 p.
- Okhrimenko, O.O. (2005). Insurance coverage: management, marketing, safety economics (tourist business): textbook. Kyiv: International Agency “BeeZone”, 416 p.
- Komadovska, V. (2011) The need for reinsurance operations and managing them in the life insurance. Securities Market, Vol. 3, pp. 9-14.
- Tretiak, K.V. (2013). The background for improving sales of services in the reinsurance market of Ukraine. Financial Infrastructure of Ukraine: problems and directions of development: Coll. of thesises of All-Ukrainian. and practical. conf. pp. 274-276.
- Bozhenko, A.S. (2014). The analysis of reinsurance market conditions in the volatile world economy. Scientific Papers “Problems and prospects of the banking system of Ukraine. Vol. 38, pp. 315-328.
- Tretiak, K.V. (2013). The formation of demand for reinsurance services in development conditions of the Ukrainian insurance market. December reading – 2013: Coll. of thesises of the International conf. Vol. 2, pp. 239-240.
- Kamynkina, M.G. (1994). Reinsurance. Practical guidance for insurance companies. Moscow: JSc “Dis”, 137 p.
- Osadets, S.S. (2002). Insurance: textbook. 2nd ed. Kyiv: KNEU, 599 p.
- Veretnov, V.I. (2015). Features to ensure the competitiveness of reinsurance operations of the cedent and the reinsurer in the domestic and international insurance market. Bulletin of Taras Shevchenko National University of Kyiv. Economics, Vol. 168, pp. 80-85. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.17721/1728-2667.2015/168-3/12