In the article the problem of advancing the international competitiveness of industry has been highlighted in the context of the impact on getting out the crises in the country and forming preconditions for economic growth. The study is based on an empirical basis of metallurgical industries of Ukraine, which has traditionally focused largely on international markets. The advancing international competitiveness of these enterprises is particularly topical and important for getting over the crisis and forming a trajectory of economic development of the country. The system of the factors has been represented and analysed, the priorities for advancing the international competitiveness of metallurgical industryJSC “Zaporizhstar.Recommendations to improve the competitiveness of the analysed enterprise have been formulated and common priorities for improving the international competitiveness of steel companies determining the possibility of positive impact on getting over the crisis and economic development at the level of companies, as well as at the level of Ukraine’s economy have been identified.
Keywords: international competitiveness, competitive advantage, industrial enterprise, foreign markets, international market, export, economic development, crises.
Date of submission 12.06.2017
- Porter, M., 2005. On competition. Moscow, Williams, 2005, 608
- Burkyns’kyi, B., 2006. Innovative production level and competitiveness of the steel industry Ukraine, Yekonomika Ukrami, 4, 4-15.
- Yamnenko, H., 2016. Innovative aspects of the providing competitiveness of enterprises // Visnyk Kyivs’koho natsional’noho universytetu imeni Tarasa Shevchenka. Seriia: Ekonomika. [Online] 178, 47-52. Availible from:_http://dx.doi.org/10.17721/1728-2667.2016/178-1/8
- Majaro, S., 1987. International marketing. Мoscow, International Relationships, 1987, 274 p.
- Hunt, S.D. & Morgan, R.M., 1995. The Comparative Advantage Theory of Competition. Journal of Marketing. [Online] 59(2), 1-15. Availiable from: http://doi.org/10.2307/1252069
- Kotler, F., 2001. Marketing in the third millennium: How to create, conquer and retain the market. Moscow OOO ” Izdatel’stvo AST”, 2001,272 p.
- Guerrieri, L., 2008. International Competition and Inflation: A New Keynesian Perspective. Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System International Finance Discussion Papers. [Online] 918, 2-46. Availible from: http://www.federalreserve.gov/pubs/ifdp/2008/918/ifdp918.pdf
- Pererva, P.G., 2012. A complex approach to the management of competitiveness of the industrial production. Ekonomichni nauky. Ser. : Ekonomika ta menedzhment. Zbirnyk naukovykh prats’. Luts’kyy natsional’nyy tekhnichnyy universytet, 9(34), part 2, 24-34.
- Savchuk, S.I., 2007. Fundamentals of the theory of competitiveness: monograph. Mariupol, Renata, 2007, 520 p.
- Vergun, V.A., Kredisov, A.I., Berezovenko, S.M. and others, 2009. International business: a textbook for students. 2d ed. Kyiv, Kyiv. univ., 623 p.
- Kozenkov, D.E., 2013. Analysis of Steel Ukraine: current problems and ways of development. Efficient economy. [Online] 8. Availible from: http://nbuv.gov.ua/UJRN/efek_2013_8_9
- Amosha, A.I., 2013. Ukrainian metallurgy: modern challenges and development prospects: monograph. Donetsk, Ins-t ekonomiki prom-sti, 114 p.
- Azoev, G.P., 2000. Competitive advantages of a company. Moscow, “Tipografiya “Novosti” 256 p.
- Fyliuk, G., 2013. Problems and way of increase of ukrainian companies’ competitiveness under globalization // Visnyk Kyivs’koho natsional’noho uni- versytetu imeni Tarasa Shevchenka. Seriia: Ekonomika. [Online] 151, 5-8. Availible from: http://dx.doi.org/10.17721/1728-2667.2013/151-10/1
- Shvydanenko, A.A., 2007. Global competitiveness: theoretical and applied aspects: monograph. Kyiv, KNEU, 2007, 312 p.
- Kalinina, V.N. & Pankin, V.F., 1998. Mathematical statistics. 2d ed. Moskow, Higher Education, 332 p.
- Adamanova, Z.O., 2005. Innovative strategies of economic development in the conditions of globalization: monograph. Simferopol, KRYMUCHPEDGYH, 504 p.
- Kostyuk, L.A., 2012. Theoretical and methodological foundations for competitiveness evaluation, Zbirnik naukovikh prats’ Tavnys’kogo derzhavnogo agrotekhnologichnogo umversitetu. (Yekonomichm nauki), Volume 2, 22-30.
- Klimenko, S.M., Dubrova, A.S, Barabas, D.O., 2006. Management of competitiveness of the enterprise: teach. guidances. Kiyv, KNEU, 527 p.
- Pogrebnyak, D., 2011. Diagnostic Techniques competitiveness of enterprises. Problemi pidvishchennya yefektivnosti mfrastrukturi. Zbirnik naukovikh prats’, 32, 45-51.
- Sokolov, L.V. & Veryasova, G.M., 2011. Experience evaluating the competitiveness of enterprises: Theory and graphics support, Aktual’m problemi yekonomiki, 12, 289-302.
- Gradova, A.P., 1999. Economic Strategy of the firm. St. Petersburg, Spetslyteratura, 589 p.
- Scientific and innovation activity in Ukraine in 2015. Statistical Collection. 2016,: State Statistics Committee of Ukraine, 2016, 257 p.
- Dan’ko, M., 2007. Reorganization of enterprises in the context of forming corporate structures, Yekonomika Ukrami, 1,64-70.
- Kaparulina, I.M., 2015. Enterprise development: concept and technology research: Monograph, Kyiv, Lear-K, 432 p.