The article proposes a comprehensive vision of the personal income tax system issues in the context of its use as a tool for the formation of local public finances, a systemic approach to increasing its effectiveness in the context of the need to balance the interests in the chains of the “individual-society” general system: “individual-local community,” “the territory of the labor force supplier-the territory of the labor force recipient (scope of application of labor),” “the local community-the territory/sphere where social services are provided.” A conclusion is drawn about the dominant fiscal function of the personal income tax and the tax on real property other than a parcel of land, which exhibits the constant growth of its tax rates without an acceptable extension of the preferential part. The process of transforming these taxes and their budget-forming role in the formation of the capable united territorial communities were investigated. The main issues of enrollment and distribution of income tax among the budgets of different territorial communities as subjects of the process of decentralization of public finances were revealed. The significant amount of work is required to assess the actual and potential capacity of the respective territories in order to provide the relevant services in the context of the entire array of the settlement network, which requires the development of a budget classification that would contribute to more detailed local budgets in developing a model for their distribution of profitable tax that would better take into account the parameters of the capacity of territorial communities, provision of their residents with the relevant services. The conclusion is made on the necessity of forming the preferential part of the mentioned taxes on the new conceptual principles, which provide for an extensive and effective system of tax incentives that would be provided to taxpayers, indirectly through the participation of the state, opportunities for obtaining education, treatment, introduction of energy-saving technologies, saving, investing in construction of housing, etc., and also formed the motivation for legalization of incomes as the basis for expanding the tax base, increasing budget formation of relevant taxes.
Keywords: personal income tax; local finances; public finances.
Date of submission 25/10/2017
- Ministry of Finance of Ukraine. 2013. Budget Ukraine – 2013. Available at: https://www.minfin.gov.ua/ news/view/bjudzhet-ukraini-2013?category=bjudzhet&subcategory=2013-budget.
- State Treasury Service of Ukraine. 2014. Execution of the State Budget. Available at: http://www.treasury.gov.ua/ main/uk/doccatalog/list?currDir=257806.
- State Treasury Service of Ukraine. 2015. Annual Report on the State Budget of Ukraine for 2015. Available at: http://www.treasury.gov.ua/main/uk/doccatalog/list?currDir=311513.
- Shuskova Y., 2014. Issues with the formation of local budgets and ways of its solution. Available at: http://sophus.at.ua/publ/2014_11_25_lviv/sekcija_3_2014_11_25/problemi_formuvannja_dokhodiv_miscevikh_bjudzhetiv_u krajini_ta_shÿakhi_jikh_virishennja/69-1-0-1086.
- Hanushchak, Y., 2013. Reform of the territorial organization of the state. Kyiv: TOV “Sofiia-A”.
- Prots N., 2015. Formation of the local tax budget inflow in the context of the budget decentralization. Available at: https://fp.cibs.ubs.edu.ua/files/1501/15pnvfpn.pdf.
- Treshov M., 2014. Improving administration of taxes in the conditions of strengthening the resource basis of local budgets in Ukraine. Available at: http://www.kbuapa.kharkov.ua/e-book/tpdu/2014-4/doc/3/03.pdf.
- Kraynyk O., 2008. Strengthening the financial framework of local governments. Available at: http://www. lvivacademy.com/vidavnitstvo_1/visnik/fail/O.%C2%A0Kraynyk.pdf.
- Sluhai S., 2006. Formation of local budget revenues in the context of transformation of the tax system. Available at: http://www.nbuv.gov.ua/old_jrn/soc_gum/Ekonk/2010_4/011_nehaychuk.pdf.
- Petlenko Y., 2010. Local finance. Available at: http://westudents.com.ua/glavy/99585-tema-12-printsipi-novogo- pdhodu-do-mstsevogo-opodatkuvannya.html.
- Bondar S., 2015. The process of formation of inter-budgetary relations on the territory of modern Ukraine. Problems and Solutions. Available at: http://intkonf.org/bondar-sya-protses-formuvannya-mizhbyudzhetnih-vidnosin-na-tereni-suchasnoyi-ukrayini-problemi-ta-shlyahi-yih-virishennya/
- Patoka I., 2014. Financial support for the sustainable development of united territorial communities as a component of effective decentralization of power in Ukraine. Available at: http://www.economy.nayka.com.ua/?op=1&z=4582.
- The Verkhovna Rada of Ukraine. 2010. Tax Code. Available at: http://zakon0.rada.gov.ua/rada/show/2755-17.
- Mikhasuk I., 2012. Reform of personal income tax: analysis of domestic and foreign practices. Available at: http://econom.lnu.edu.ua/files/
- The Verkhovna Rada of Ukraine. 2015. Resolution of the Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine “On Approval of the Methodology for the Formation of Capable Territorial Communities”. Available at: http://zakon2.rada.gov.ua/rada/show/214- 2015-%D0%BF.
- The Verkhovna Rada of Ukraine. 2015. Law of Ukraine “On Voluntary Association of Territorial Communities”. Available at: http://zakon3.rada.gov.ua/laws/show/157-19.
- Demydenko, J. Nakonechna, 2016. Opennes and transparency of state and local budgets in Ukraine. Bulletin of Taras Shevchenko National University of Kyiv. Economics, 10 (187), 20-27. Available at: http://bulletin- econom. univ. kiev. ua/archives/7976 https://doi.org/10.17721/1728-2667.2016/187-10/3.