The study considers the essence and structure of Ukraine’s tax system and its institutional architectonics. The paper proves that in the broad sense institutional architectonics is the main principle of structuring, systematization, interconnection, and interdependence of elements of the whole concept. The study explains that the tax system as multisystem formation includes five interacting subsystems (systems) as certain integrity, which is in direct interconnections. The results found that the structure of the tax system includes: taxation system, the system of tax legislation, the system of taxes and fees, the system of relevant executive bodies, the system of taxes and fees administration. The analysis recommends that further reformation of the tax system should be pursued in the directions of congruence of tax system reforms in the system of reforms in other areas of public administration. One of the key factors is taking into account the links between the subjects of tax relations, the validity, and analysis of the relevance of changes that carry tax reforms. The conclusions suggest the main directions of reformation and modernization of Ukraine’s tax system with the purpose of its further development.
Key words: institutional architectonics; tax system; system of taxes and fees; taxation system; system of taxes and fees administration.
1st Revision: 06/03/2018
- Arkhyereev, S. 2004. Transactional architectonics. Economic theory, vol. 1, pp. 69-83.
- Varnalii, Z. 2017. Tax system of Ukraine: problems of functioning and ways of reform. Economy and region, vol. 5 (66), pp. 19-24.
- Varnalii, Z., Savych, I. 2014. Current status and factors of shadow budget relations in Ukraine. Herald of Taras Shevchenko^ National University of Kyiv, vol. 164, pp. 19-24. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.17721/1728-2667.2014/164-11/1.
- Hrytsenko, A. 2006. Institutional architectonics: subject, basic laws, methodology. Academic works of the Donetsk National Technical University (economic series), vol. 103 (1), pp. 31-37.
- Hrytsenko, A. 2013. Hierarchy and networks in the institutional architectonics of economic systems. Kyiv: Institute of Economics and Forecasting of NAS of Ukraine, 580 pp.
- Hrytsenko, A. 2008. Institutional architectonics and dynamics of economic transformation. Kharkiv: Fort, 928 pp.
- Ivanov, Y., Tyshchenko, A. 2015. Modern problems of tax policy. Kharkiv: Inzhekt, 327 pp.
- The Constitution of Ukraine 254k-96vr of 28 June 1996 [online] Verkhovna Rada of Ukraine. Available at: http://zakon2.rada.gov.ua/laws/show/254%D0%BA/96-%D0%B2%D1%80 [Accessed 1 March 2018].
- Krysovatyi, A., Sydorovych, O. 2014. Methodological toolkit of the newest taxation paradigm. Economic theory, vol. 4, pp. 36-48.
- Melnyk, V., Koshchuk, T. 2016. Ukraine’s tax policy in terms of implementation the Association Agreement with European Union. Finance of Ukraine, vol. 7, pp. 7-25.
- Liutyi, I. 2009. Tax System. Kyiv: Tsentr uchbovoi literatury, 456 pp.
- Andushchenko, V. 2015. Tax System. Kyiv: Tsentr uchbovoi literatury, 416 pp.
- Baranova, V. 2014. Tax System. Odesa: VMV, 344 pp.
- The Tax Code of Ukraine 2755-VI of 2 December 2010 [online] Verkhovna Rada of Ukraine. Available at: http://zakon3.rada.gov.ua/laws/show/2755-17 [Accessed 1 March 2018].
- Prykaziuk, N. 2017. Insurance system of Ukraine: theory, methodology, practice. Kyiv: Lohos, 611 pp.
- Maiburov, I., Ivanov, Y. 2011. Reforming of tax systems: theory, methodology and practice. Kyiv: Kondor, 352 pp.
- Sidelnykova, L., Kostina, N. 2012. Tax System. Kyiv: Lira, 576 pp.
- Sokolovska, A. 2004. State Tax System: Theory and practice of formation. Kyiv: Znannia-Pres, 454 pp.
- Shvabii, K. 2012. Directions of the tax system reformation in the conditions of post-crisis Ukraine’s economy recovery. Finance of Ukraine, vol. 11, pp. 52-58.