The article covers the problems of financial provision of higher education in Ukraine. The application of credit financing mechanisms for obtaining higher education in Ukraine is analyzed, as well as the schemes of lending in foreign countries have been investigated. Conclusions are made on the necessity of further development of financing mechanisms for financing higher education, as well as relevant recommendations regarding the prospects of transformation of state soft loans into loans under government guarantees.
Key words: credit, insurance, financing mechanism, higher education.
Date of submission 26/01/2018
- Barr, N., 2009. Financing higher education: lessons from economic theory and reform in England. Higher Education in Europe, 34 (2), pp.201-209. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1080/03797720902867419.
- Blaug, M., 1970. An Introduction to the Economics of Education. Harmondsworth: Penguin Books.
- Wolfe, B. and Haveman, R., 2002. Social and nonmarket benefits from education in an advanced economy. [online] Federal Reserve Bank of Boston. Available at: http://www.bos.frb.org/economic/conf/conf47/index.htm [Accessed 10 March 2018].
- Chapman, B., 1997. Conceptual Issues and the Australian Experience with Income Contingent Charging for Higher Education. Economic Journal, 107(482), pp. 705-730.
- Bogolyb, T., 2016. The role of the state in the creation of world-class universities. Economic Bulletin of the University, 28/1, pp. 15-26.
- Malyshko, V.V., 2016. Higher Education Financing in Ukraine: Problems and Perspectives. Young Scientist, 2 (29), pp. 64-67.
- Zakharevych, G. O., 2011. State lending for higher education: national and foreign experience. Economic Annals-XXI, [online] Available at: http://soskin.info/ea/2011/9-10/201117.html [Accessed 10 March 2018].
- Pchelintseva, I., 2005. Educational credit. Higher school, 2, pp. 95-100.
- Resolution 916 of 16 June 2003 [online] Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine. Available at: http://zakon2.rada.gov.ua/laws/show/916-2003-%D0%BF.
- Novikov, V. and Levin, P., 2006. Financial and credit and institutional aspects of the development of vocational education in the post-Bolson space. Problems of science and education, 2, pp. 64-72.
- Bogolyb, T., 2006. Improvement of Financial Provision of Higher Education. Bulletin of the TDEU, 3, pp. 76-87.
- Federal Family Education Loan Program [online] U.S. Department of Education. Available at: https://www2.ed.gov/programs/ffel/index.html.
- Federal Student Loan Program. Federal Stafford Loans [online] Federal Student Aid – U.S. Department of Education. Available at: https://studentaid.ed.gov/sa/sites/default/files/federal-loan-programs.pdf.
- Johnstone, B., 2001. Student loans in the International Perspective: Promises and Failures, Myths and Partial Truths. [online] Available at: https://www.researchgate.net/publication/247662572_Student_Loans_in_International_Perspective_Promises_and_Failures_Myths_and_Partial_Truths [10 March 2018].
- Drucker, P., 1942. The Future of Industrial Man. New York: The John Day Company.