The results we obtained are invalidating the research hypothesis: there is a strong and direct link between the evolution of BET-NG index and the financial performance ratios of the component companies.
The analysis performed on the correlations between the evolution of BET-NG index and financial performance ratios indicates that in the majority of the cases the links are inverse and in 25% of the cases they are strong.
In what concerns the intensity of the correlations between the major financial performance ratios (ROA; ROE; EPS; Net Margin) and average values of BET-NG index, there is no strong link to justify the identification of a regression model. Consequently, we can affirm that the evolution of BET-NG index is determined by other factors, different than the financial performance of the component companies. This situation outlines new research developments that need extending the timeframe and the financial ratios used.
Key words: BET-NG INDEX, Financial Performance Indicators, Bucharest Stock Exchange.
1st Revision: 03/03/2018
- Anghelache, G., 2009. Piaja de capital Tn context european, Ed. Economica, Bucurepti.
- Halpern, P., Weston, J., Brigham, F,. 1994. Finance managerial Editura Economica, Bucurepti, pp. 88-120.
- Hurduzeu, G., 2006. Pieje pi burse international de valori. Ed. Pro Universitaria, Bucurepti.
- Jones, C. P., 1991. Investments. Analysis and Management, Third Edition, John Wiley & Sons.
- Khan I., 2012. Effect of Dividends on Stock Prices – A Case of Chemical and Pharmaceutical Industry of Pakistan, Management, Vol. 2, No 5, pp. 141-148.
- Kodithuwakku S., 2016. Impact of Firm Specific Factors on the Stock Prices: A Case Study on Listed Manufacturing Companies in Colombo. Stock Exchang International Journal for Research in Business, Management and Accounting, Vol. 2, Issue 3, pp. 67-76.
- Saleh, M., 2015. Relationship between Firm’s Financial Performance and Stock Returns: Evidence from Oil and Gas Sector Pakistan. Journal of Energy Technologies and Policy, ISSN 2224-3232,ISSN 2225-0573, Vol. 5, No 10, 2015, pp. 27-32.
- Sattam, A., Sameer A. A., 2012. Factors affecting Stock Market Prices in Amman Stock Exchange: A Survey Study European. Journal of Business and Management Vol 4, No.8, x pp. 236-246.
- Sharma, S., 2011. Determinants of Equity Share Prices in India. Journal of Arts, Science & Commerce II, Issue 4, pp. 51-60.
- Stanciu, V., 2016. Correlation Analysis of the Bet-Fi Index’s Constituents. Annals of the “Constantin Brâncuçi” University of Târgu Jiu, Economy Series, Special Issue, vol. II/2016 pp. 86-92.
- Stancu, , 2007. Finance. Pieje financiare çi gestiunea portofoliului. Investp directe çi finanjarealor. Analiza çi gestiunea financiara financiara a întreprinderii. Edijia a patra, Ed. Economica, Bucureçti.
- Taimur , Purohit H., Rekha P., Analysis of Factors Affecting Share Prices: The Case of Bahrain Stock Exchange. International Journal of Economics and Finance, Vol. 7, No. 3; 2015, pp. 207-216, DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.5539/ijef.v7n3p207.
- Tudor, C., 2008. Firm-Specific Factors as Predictors of Future Returns for Romanian Common Stocks: Empirical Evidence. International Journal of Economics and Finance, Vol.5, No. 3., pp. 73-78.
- Vasiu, D. E., 2016.Case Study Regarding the Correlation Between the Main Indicators of Financial Performance and The Bet Index, For the Companies Participating in The Bet Index, in The Period 2011-2015, Land Forces Academy Review, Nicolae Balcescu Land Forces Academy, Sibiu, Romania, No 4, pp. 357-364.
- Index management rules, avilable on bvb.ro, last accesed may 2017.