Authors: N. Grazhevska, ORCID ID 0000000325498055, Head of the Department of Economics, Macro- and Microeconomics, Doctor of sciences (Economics), Professor, Taras Shevchenko National University of Kyiv, Kyiv, Ukraine
Y. Aimagambetov, ORCID ID 0000000345908242, Doctor of Sciences (Economics), Professor, Kazpotrebsoyuz Karaganda Economical University, Karaganda, Republic of Kazakhstan
A. Tyngisheva, ORCID ID 0000000219574325, PH. D. Student, Kazpotrebsoyuz Karaganda Economical University, Karaganda, Republic of Kazakhstan
Abstract: Currently, Ukraine and Kazakhstan are implementing health care reform, based on the introduction of new approaches to public administration in order to improve the accessibility and quality of pr oviding medical services to the population. Studying the experience of such reform is an urgent task of the theory and practice of post-Soviet socio-economic transformations. A comparative analysis of medical reforms in the countries studied allows us to identify existing problems and propose solutions to them, taking into account their foreign experience in implementing them with a view to justifying and developing an effective mechanism for managing the industry. Analysis of the practice of public administration of the health care system in Kazakhstan and Ukraine concludes with a logical generalization and justification of priority measures of the state in this field. The limitation in the proposed study is the incompleteness of statistical bases, as well as the lack of generally accepted approaches and methods for assessing the health system.
Key words: healthcare system; public administration; healthcare expenditure; healthcare financing; medical reform
1st Revision: 05/11/2018
- Joseph E. Stiglitz, 2000. Economics of the Public Sector.W. W. Norton, 823 р.
- Kennet Arrow., 1963. Uncertainty and the welfare economics of medical care. American Economic Review, Vol. 53., pp. 941-973.
- Getzen E., 2012. Health Economics: Fundamentals and Flow of Funds. John Wiley & Sons, 496 p.
- Thomson, J. Figueras, T. Evetovits, M.Jowett, P. Mladovsky, A. Maresso, J. Cylus, M. Karanikolos, H. Kluge., 2015. Economic Crisis, Health Systems and Health in Europe: Impact and Implications for Policy. – Open University Press (OUP). URL: http://www.euro.who.int/data/assets/pdffile/0009/285993/Economic-crisis,-health-systems-and-health-in-Europe.-Impact- and-implications-for-policy-ru.pdf?ua=1.
- Rice , 1985. The state of PPOs: results from a national survey. Health Affairs.Т. 4. – №. 4, pp. 25-40.
- Dranove D., Satterthwaite M. A., 2000.The industrial organization of health care markets. Handbook of health economics.Т. 1, pp. 1093-1139.
- Enthoven C., 2004.Market forces and efficient health care systems.Health Affairs. №. 2,pp. 25-27.
- Porter M. E., Teisberg E. O., 2006. Redefining health care: creating value-based competition on results. Harvard Business Press, 507 р.
- Moskalenko F., 2008. Principles of optimal health care system construction: Ukrainian context. Monograph.K. : Book Plus, 320 p.
- Lekhan V.M., Slabky G.O., Shevchenko M.V., 2009. Healthcare Development Strategy: Ukrainian Dimension. K. : Fourth wave, 353
- Zagorsky V. S., Lobodin Z. M., Lopushnyak G. S., 2010. Management of financial resources of health care institutions.Monograph.Lviv: LRID NAPA, 276
- Avramenko N.V., 2010. Public administration of the health care system at the regional level: current state, ways of improvement. Monograph.Zaporozhye: KPU, 196
- Zaglada , Kryzina N.P., 2012. Advantages and disadvantages of introducing a system of financing by the method of the global budget in health care institutions of Ukraine. Investments: practice and experience. No. 7, pp. 108-112.
- Shevchenko M.V., 2016. Medico-social substantiation of the new system of financing health care in Ukraine. The dissertation author’s abstract for obtaining the degree d. med. sc. – X. : Kharkiv National Medical University, Ministry of Health of Ukraine, 43 p.
- Rusnyak V.A., 2017. Medico-social substantiation of the functional and organizational model of scientific provision of health care reform in Ukraine. The dissertation author’s abstract for obtaining sciences. the degree to the doctor of medicine (Doctor of Philosophy). – K: DU “Ukrainian Institute of Strategic Studies of the Ministry of Health of Ukraine”, 25
- Lazorishinets V.V., Slabky G.O., Yarosh N.P., Chepelevskaya L.A., Shevchenko M.V., 2014. Public health management of Monograph.K., DU “Ukrainian Institute of Strategic Studies of the Ministry of Health of Ukraine”, 312 p.
- Utibaev , 1998. Administrative and legal aspects of health management in the Republic of Kazakhstan.Monograph. Almaty, “Sanat”, 112 p.
- Kozhabek K.M. Legal Regulation of Public Health Management in the Republic of Kazakhstan: Problems and Prospects. The thesis
- Rahimbekova E., 2014. State regulation and management of the health care system of the Republic of Kazakhstan. Scientific and information publishing center and the editorial board of the journal “Actual problems of the humanities and natural sciences” number 1, pp. 182-187.
- Ryskulova M.R., 2017. Topical issues of public health system management in Kazakhstan. Bulletin of the National Academy of Sciences of the Republic of Kazakhstan, №4.
- Orynbasarova S.E., 2010. Current state and main directions of health system reforms in Kazakhstan.Bulletin of KazNU.Economic Series, No. 4 (80).
- Official website of the World Health URL://http://www.who.int/features/qa/28/en/.
- Omelyanovsky, L.V. Maksimova, A.P. Tatarinov., 2014. Foreign experience: models of financing and organization of health care systems. Financial Journal, No. 3, pp. 23-27.
- Information from the VerkhovnaRada of Ukraine, Article 49.URL: //http://zakon.rada.gov.ua/laws/show//.
- The Constitution of the Republic of Kazakhstan dated August 30, 1995 – Article URL: https://online.zakon.kz/Document/?doc_id=1005029//.
- Fundamentals of Ukrainian legislation about URL: //http://consultant.parus.ua/?doc=003Q926DF4//.
- The Lawbook “About Health and Healthcare System” of the Republic of Kazakhstan dated September 18, URL: https://online.zakon.kz/Document/?doc_id=30479065//.
- National Accounts of Health Care in Ukraine in 2016: Statistical Collection / State Statistics Service of Ukraine. URL: http://www.ukrstat.gov.ua/druk/publicat/kat_u/publzdorov_u.htm//.
- Ministry of Health of the Republic of Kazakhstan RSE on the REU “Republican Center for Health Development” National Health Accounts of the Republic of Kazakhstan review of health expenditures for 2010-2016.URL: http://www.rcrz.kz/docs/nsz//.
- Electronic scientific journal “Correspondent net”. URL://https://korrespondent.net//.
- Electronic resource https://obozrevatel.com/health/medreforma-s-kakimi-problemami-stolknutsya- ukraintsyi1.htm//
- The Law of the Republic of Kazakhstan ” Aboutcompulsorysocial medical insurance” dated November 16, 2015. URL://https://online.zakon.kz/Document/?doc_id=32908862//.