Authors: Z. Varnalii, ORCID ID 0000000266548760, Doctor of Economics, Professor, Department of Finance, Taras Shevchenko National University of Kyiv, Kyiv, Ukraine
T. Tomashevskyi, economist, Taras Shevchenko National University of Kyiv, Kyiv, Ukraine
Abstract: The article explores theoretical, methodological and applied aspects of strengthening Ukraine’s financial security in the conditions of hybrid war. The financial security is shown as one of the key e lements of economic security with the state of public finances being directly related to the status of the national economy while the country’s economic welfare depends largely on the level of financial security provided to every individual, the society and the nation as a whole. To study this hypothesis, a system of general and special methods is used as a theoretical and methodological basis, namely, the dialectical method of cognition is used to evaluate the theoretical and normative principles of understanding financial security in the structure of a country’s national and economic security; methods of causal analysis are used to directly analyze the functioning of financial security in modern conditions of development of Ukraine; comparative analysis methods are used to study the similarities and differences between various elements of the state’s national security structure.
Key words: financial security, national security of Ukraine, financial system security, financial system
1st Revision: 21/03/2019
- Statistic data, 2019. Ministry of the finance of Ukraine [online]. Available at: <https://minfin.gov.ua/> [Accessed 10 June 2019].
- Sukhorukov, А.І., Kharazishvili, M., 2013. Concerning the methodology of complex estimation of the economic agents of the State. Strategic Priorities. 3(28), pp. 5-15.
- An Analytical Report to the Annual Appeal of the President of Ukraine to the Verkhovna Rada of Ukraine “On the Internal and External Covenants of Ukraine in 2018”, 2018. Kyiv:
- Baranovsky, O.I., 2014. The philosophy of security. Kyiv: UBS
- Baranovsky, O.I., 2004. Financial security in Ukraine (Methodology of Evaluation and Mechanisms of Earning). Kyiv:
- Blank, I.A., 2004. Financial Security Management. Kyiv: Nika Tsentr;
- Vasylyk, O., 2002. Financial security. Economic encyclopedia. Kyiv: Publishing center “Akademiya”.
- Varnalii, Z.S., Burkaltseva, D.D. and Saenko, S.O., 2011. Economic Security of Ukraine: Problems and Priorities for Enhancement. Kyiv: Znannya
- Varnalii, Z.S., Onyshchenko, S.V., 2016. Contemporary trends of structural components of Ukraine’s financial security in the context of global developments. Formation of market economy in Ukraine. 35(1), pp. 75-80.
- Varnalii, Z.S., Tomashevskyi, T.T., 2018. The place of financial security in the system of economic security of Ukraine. Internauka, Series: “Economic Sciences”. 8(18), pp. 53-60. DOІ: 25313/2520-2294-2018-8-4057.
- Heyets, V.M. eds., Kizim, M.O., Klebanova, T.S., Chernyak, O.I. and others, 2006. Modeling economic security: state, region, enter- prise. Kharkov: Publishing center “INZHEK”.
- Glushchenko, V.V., Doroshenko, G.O. and Doroshenko, N.O., 2014. Economic security of financial institutions. Kharkov: Publishing center “Shchedra sadyba plus”.
- Monetary and financial statistics, 2019. National bank of Ukraine [online]. Available at: <https://bank.gov.ua/control/uk/ publish/category?cat_id=58127> [Accessed 22 July 2019].
- Dakhnova, E., Horodetskaya, T.E. 2018. Assessment of the state budget security of Ukraine. Financial and credit activity: problems of theory and practice. 1(4), pp. 345-352.
- The economy of Ukraine should grow at a rate of 4-6% per year. Finance, [online] 08 March 2018. Available at: <https://news.fi- nance.ua/ua/news/-/421392/ekonomika-ukrayiny-povynna-zrostaty-tempamy-4-6-na-rik-golova-rady-nbu> [Accessed 22 June 2019].
- Zakharenko , 2013. Mechanisms for ensuring economic security of Ukraine. Skhid. 7(119). pp. 40-42.
- Reports of the State Fiscal Service of Ukraine. [online] Available at: <http://sfs.gov.ua/data/files/223549.PDF> [Accessed at 22 June 2019].
- MEDTU, 2009 On approval of Methodological recommendations for calculating the level of the shadow Order of the Ministry of Economic Development and Trade of Ukraine.
- MEDTU, 2013 Methodological recombinations for calculating the level of the economic security of Ukraine. Order of the Ministry of Economic Development and Trade of
- Mandzinovskaya, Kh.O., 2016. Economic security of the state: the essence, constituent elements and problems of protection. Eco- nomic Sciences. 2 (53), pp. 159-166.
- Muntian, V.I., 1999. Economic security of Ukraine. Kyiv: Publishing center
- Nikiforov, P.O., Kucherivska, S.S., 2006. The essence and importance of the financial safety of the insurance company. Finance of Ukraine. 5, pp. 86-90.
- North, D., 2000. Institutions, institutional change and functioning of the economy. Kyiv:
- Ogreba, S.V., 2011. Methodological Accepts for Assessing the Scale of the Shadow Economy of Collection of scientific works “Economic Sciences” Bukovinsky University. Available at <http://zbirnuk.bukuniver.edu.ua/issue_articles/33_2.pdf> [Accessed 22 July 2019].
- Pasternak-Tarnushenko, G., Kravchenko, B. eds. 2002. Economic security of the state. Static of the provision of the process. Kyiv: Condor.
- Pidkhomnyi O.M., Hlushchenko, O.O., 2008. Analysis of the factors of legalization of proceeds from crime. Financial System of Ukraine. 10(3), pp. 363-371.
- Popovych, V., 2009. National culture from the point of view of national security. National Security: Ukrainian Dimension. 3(22), pp. 12-17.
- Trends in the Shadow Economy in Ministry of Economic Development and Trade of Ukraine. Available at:
- Varnalii, S., Honcharuk, A.Ya., Zhalilo, Ya.A and others, 2006.