Authors: М. Sitnicki, Doctor of Economic Sciences, Associate Professor, ORCID ID: 0000-0002-0452-0404; А. Kozhuhivska, PhD Student, ORCID ID: 0000-0003-0427-372X, Taras Shevchenko National University of Kyiv, Куiv, Ukraine
Annotation: The article presents the results of a national survey. The employers in the field of IT and telecommunications were ranked according to the recognizability of the brands. Emphasis is placed on the fact that for Ukrainian enterprises the employer brand is a relatively new tool for building the company’s attractiveness in the labour market, so there is a need to study the job-seekers market and analyze employers approaches to developing employer brand strategy as an important component of enterprise management strategy. We analyzed the dynamics of quantitative and structural changes in the process of brand development of the employer of TOP companies in the field of IT and telecommunications. As well we identified the reasons for these changes. We proved that these reasons are formed both under the influence of economic and demographic factors, and geopolitical changes, which currently have a high degree of uncertainty in Ukraine. We proposed the key indicators for assessing the brand awareness of the employer, which include: awareness of candidates about the company as an employer; the presence of companies in social media platforms; providing opportunities for young people to get their first job; attendance at career events and working conditions. We identified the key components of the employer brand development strategy that influenced the change of these indicators. We substantiated conclusions on the need to improve the methods and tools of formation and implementation of the employer’s brand development strategy. The study showed that today the development of employer brand management has reached such a level of importance that it becomes an integral part of the business strategy of successful companies. The presented data show the state and trends of the IT and telecommunications market in Ukraine. Respondents’ preferences outline the paradigm of consumer thinking that identifies the company as an employer in the market. Such studies should be systemic and conducted at least once a year. Such a perspective would allow us to quickly diagnose changes in consumer sentiment and the threat of new competitors in the labour market. Ukrainian companies are invited to constantly work on improving these indicators as part of the employer’s brand strategy, which affects the attractiveness, preservation, and improvement of the company’s image.
Key words: employer brand, employer attractiveness, employer strategy.
1st Revision: 28/10/2020
1. Barrow, S. and Ambler, T. (1996), “Employer brand”, Journal of Brand Management, vol. 4, no. 3, pp. 185-206.
2. Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development (2020), “Employer brand”, available at: http://www.cipd.co.uk/hr-resources/factsheets/employerbrand.aspx (Accessed 25 Aug 2020).
3. Minchynhton, B. (2019), “15 main areas of HR-brand development that you should know about”, Talent Management, vol.1, available at: https://www.talentmanagement.com.ua/3645-15-osnovnyh-napravlenij-razvitiya-hr-brenda/ (Accessed 25 Aug 2020).
4. Sartejn, L. and Shumann, M. (2007), Liudy – “nachynka” brendu. Visim pryntsypiv ob’iednannia vashykh pratsivnykiv i vashoho biznesu [People are the “stuffing” of the brand. Eight principles for uniting your employees and your business], Balans Biznes Buks, Dnipropetrovs’k, Ukraine.
5. hr-director.com (2019), “HR-brand: Articles. Corporate culture”, available at: https://www.hr-director.com/article/63176-hr-brend-19-m4 (Accessed 25 Aug 2020).
6. Mokina, S.M. (2014), “The concept of the employer’s brand: essence, functions, classification, tools of formation”, Visnyk Khmel’- nyts’koho natsional’noho universytetu. Ekonomichni nauky, vol. 6, no. 1, pp. 189-195.
7. Katoen, R.J. and Macioschek, A. (2008), “Employer Branding &Talent Relationship Management. Improving the Organizational Recruitment Approach”, available at: http://www.bbh.ro/site/imagini/1023226514.pdf (Accessed 25 Aug 2020).
8. Vlasova, A. (2015), “HR branding”, Shkola HRM, available at: http://www.shkolahrm.ua/blog/hr/ (Accessed 25 Aug 2020).
9. Lloyd, S. (2002), “Branging from the inside out”, Business Review, vol. 24, no. 10.
10. Pysarevs’ka, H.I. Ahramakova, N.V. and Semenchenko, A.V. (2019), “HR-branding as a component of business strategy of the enterprise”, Naukovyj visnyk Khersons’koho derzhavnoho universytetu, vol. 33, pp. 177-180.
11. Sullivan, J. (2004), “Eight elements of a successful employment brand”, available at: http://www.ere.net/2004/02/23/the-8- elements-of-a-successful-employmentbrand/ (Accessed 25 Aug 2020).
12. Riabokon’ (Topchij), T. Kukharuk, O. Hasaj, L. Onypko, O. and Yarosh, M. (2016), HR-brendynh v Ukraini. Teoriia ta praktyka [HR-branding in Ukraine. Theory and practice], Dzherela-M, Kyiv, Ukraine.
13. Zbryts’ka, T. (2010), “HR-branding as a management tool of the organization”, Ukrains’ka nauka: mynule, suchasne, majbutnie, vol. 14, pp. 14.
14. Mykolajchuk, I.P. Sychova, N.V. and Chajka, L.O. (2019), “Formation of the concept of HR-brand of the enterprise”, Visnyk Volyns’koho instytutu ekonomiky ta menedzhmentu, pp. 91-98.
15. Osovyts’ka, N. (2018), “Reasons for the need to manage the employer’s brand”, available at: https://kiev.hh.ua/article/25653 (Accessed 25 Aug 2020).
16. Makh, T. (2019), “Employer’s brand: what it is, why, what are the types”, SUNVERY, available at: https://sunvery.com.ua/uk/brend-robotodavtsia-shcho-tse-take-dlia-choho-iaki-ie-vydy (Accessed 25 Aug 2020).
17. Liutyj, S. (2018), “HR-branding – how to manage the company’s reputation on the Internet”, available at: https://blogchain.com.ua/ hr-brending-iak-ypravliati-repytaciieu-kompanii-v-interneti (Accessed 25 Aug 2020).
18. Universum (2020), “Majority of ‘World’s Most Attractive Employers’ Say Hiring Environment Getting Harder Over Next Year”, available at: https://universumglobal.com/thank-you-employer-branding-now-2020/ (Accessed 25 Aug 2020).
19. Bilorus, T.V. and Firsova, S.H. (2018), “Organizational support for the formation and development of the employer’s brand”, Biznes Inform, vol. 7, pp. 314-326, available at: http://nbuv.gov.ua/UJRN/binf_2018_7_48 (Accessed 25 Aug 2020).
20. Symphony Talent (2020), available at: https://www.symphonytalent.com/en/services/ (Accessed 25 Aug 2020).