Authors: V. Shvetz’, Doctor of Economic Sciences, Professor, ORCID ID 0000-0001-8403-1813; E. Mykhalska, PhD in Economics, Assistant, ORCID ID 0000-0003-1921-6293, Taras Shevchenko National University of Kyiv, Kyiv, Ukraine
Annotation: Globalization and integration processes require further improvement of accounting and analysis of each country in order to form common standards and principles of accounting and financial reporting. Avoidance of discrepancies and inconsistencies can be achieved through the transition and implementation of common accounting principles and interpretation of information for users to make effective management decisions.
Standardization and harmonization of management accounting and economic analysis is a prerequisite for reforming the economy and governance system. In the context of the transition of economic entities to international principles and standards of accounting and financial reporting, it is necessary to create their own national culture and accounting traditions through a system of accounting and analytical knowledge of all professionals who manage businesses. Is it possible to deny the fact that the head of the business entity signs the quarterly and annual financial statements, thereby confirming its reliability and completeness? Unfortunately, experience shows that not every manager is particularly immersed in the content of the financial statements he signs. It is known that reporting accounting and analytical information is an important investment and innovation resource that can create the most significant competitive advantages in terms of dynamism, variability, and uncertainty, both internal and external. As world practice shows, the reform of accounting and financial reporting systems of economic entities in countries with economies in transition and / or crisis should delay three important areas: a) revision of relevant regulations (adoption of new and / or improvement of existing ones, filling gaps, conflict resolution, etc.); b) creation and development of professional organizations of accountants and auditors; c) improvement of their vocational education systems. In the long run, the state has all the necessary prerequisites to use accounting as a means of regulating the economy. However, this requires ensuring that the primary purpose of accounting is to provide reliable information to users, which in turn will ensure the comparability of the information contained in the financial statements.
Key words: harmonization, standardization, economic crisis, integration, accounting policy.
1st Revision: 12/10/2020
1. Hopper, T., Lassou, P., & Soobaroyen, T. (2017).Globalisation, accounting and developing countries. Critical Perspectives on Accounting, 43, 125-148. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.cpa.2016.06.003.
2. Karthik Ramanna (2013), “The International Politics of IFRS Harmonization,” Accounting Economics and Law: A Convivium, 3(2): 1–46. https://doi.org/10.1515/ael-2013-000
3. Prochazka David (2017) “The Unintended Consequences of Accounting Harmonization in a Transition Country: A Case Study of Management Accounting of Private Czech Companies.” Contemporary Economics, vol. 11, no. 4, , p. 443+.
4. Verona Roberto, Ghio Alessandro (2018) Accounting Practitioners Attitudes toward Accounting Harmonization: Adoption of IFRS for SMEs in Italy; Journal of International Accounting Research 17 (2): 103–122. https://doi.org/10.2308/jiar-52278
5. Wang, C. (2014). Accounting Standards Harmonization and Financial Statement Comparability: Evidence from Transnational Information Transfer. Journal of Accounting Research, 52(4), 955–992.
6. Zakon Ukrainy “Pro vnesennia zmin do Zakonu Ukrainy “Pro bukhhalterskyi oblik ta finansovu zvitnist v Ukraini” shchodo udoskonalennia deiakykh polozhen” vid 05.10.17 r. № 2164-VIII [Elektronnyi resurs]. – Rezhym dostupu: https://zakon.rada.gov.ua
7. Pro skhvalennia Stratehii zastosuvannia mizhnarodnykh standartiv finansovoi zvitnosti v Ukraini z zminamy i dopovnenniamy, vnesenymy postanovoiu Kabinetu Ministriv Ukraïny N 820.vid 07.11.2013 // Ministerstvo finansiv Ukraïny. [Elektronnyi resurs] – Rezhym dostupu http://minfin.gov.ua.
8. Zasadnyi B. A. Oblikova polityka kompanii vumovakh zastosuvannia MSFZ // Visnyk Kyivskoho natsionalnoho universytetu imeni Tarasa Shevchenka. Ekonomika. – № 10(163). – 2014. – s. 17–22.
9. Mykhalska O. L. (2019) Upravlinskyi oblik ta analiz vyrobnychykh vytrat / O. L. Mykhalska, V. H. Shvets. – K.: Vydavnychyi dim “Kondor”. –224 s.
10. Normatyvno-metodychne zabezpechennia bukhhalterskoho obliku v umovakh zastosuvannia mizhnarodnykh standartiv finansovoi zvitnosti (2018) / za zahalnoiu redaktsiieiu L. H. Lovinskoi. – K.: DP: “Informiu-analit. ahenstvo”, 2018. – 163 s.
11. Rozvytok natsionalnoi systemy bukhhalterskoho obliku i kontroliu v Ukraini v umovakh yevrointehratsii (2017) : monohrafiia / za zahalnoiu redaktsiieiu T. H. Melnyk. – K.: Kondor-Vydavnytstvo, 2017. – 226 s.
12. Rozvytok systemy obliku, analizu ta audytu v Ukraini: teoriia, metodolohiia, orhanizatsiia: zbirnyk tez dopovidei uchasnykiv KhUI Vseukrainskoi naukovoi konferentsii. (2018). – K.: DP “Inform.-analit ahentstvo”, 2018. – 163 s.
13. Shvets V. H.(2015) Teoriia bukhhalterskoho obliku: pidruchnyk. – 4 vyd. – K.: Znannia, 2015. – 572 s.
14. Hlobalni pryntsypy upravlinskoho obliku (2015). – 23 s [Elektronnyi resurs]. – Rezhym dostupu: firstname.lastname@example.org.