Authors: D. Miricescu, Professor, PhD, ORCID ID: 0000-0001-9675-1869
Lucian Blaga University of Sibiu, Sibiu, Romania,
D.M. Sitea, PhD Student in Finance, ORCID ID: 0000-0002-1298-0603
Lucian Blaga University of Sibiu, Sibiu, Romania
Annotation: The logistics activity took shape many years ago, but lately, the digital impact has radically overhauled the traditional endeavor and led it on a new path. Accordingly, this study analyzes the digital logistics ecosystem, in terms of being sustainable or unsustainable, through the help of a quantitative method of research – a questionnaire. Logistics deals with the planning and control of material and information flow in public and private organizations.
The fundamental role of logistics is to provide the necessary materials at the appropriate location and at a convenient time for satisfying a certain set of demands and aiming for optimizing a particular performance indicator. In a globalized economy, the costs generated by logistics will be increasingly important for environmental protection. Access to markets, workplaces, education, and all other services depends on one essential criteria: the existence of a functional transport system. Hence, logistics is seen as a tool that brings together time and space with the purpose of transferring goods. Specifically, the performance is a decisive element for the excellent functioning of the logistics sector.
Keywords: logistics, technology, digital logistics.
1st Revision: 13/11/2021
1. Belu, M.G., Logistics – factor de competitivitate, Jurnalul Economic, No. 28, 2008, p. 197–210.
2. Chang, E., West, M., Digital Ecosystems a Next Generation of the Collaborative Environment, Proceedings of iiWAS2006, 2006, p. 3–23.
3. Dictionar Explicativ al Limbii Române, https://dexonline.ro/definitie ecosistem, last accessed 2020/08/21
4. Garner, B.A., Amazon in the Global Market, Journal of Marketing and Management 9 (2), 2018, p. 63-73.
5. Grosman, L., What the Amazon Effect Means for Retailers, Forbes, https://www.forbes.com/sites/forbescommunicationscouncil/2018/02/22/what-the-amazon-effect-means-for-retailers/#1f4e49a12ded, 2018, last accessed 2020/10/7
6. Horzela, A., Kolinski, A., Domanski, R., Osmolski, W., Analysis of Use of Communication Standards on the Implementation of Distribution
Processes in Fourth Party Logistics (4PL), Proceedings of The 18th International Scientific Conference Business Logistics in Modern
7. Kayikci, Y., Sustainability Impact of Digitalization in Logistics, Procedia Manufacturing, Volume 21, 2018, p. 782–789, https://doi.org/
8. Kotler, P., Marketing Management: Analysis, Planning, Implementation and Control, Prentice-Hall, 1994
9. Moser T., Dumitrascu D., Miricescu D., Logistics Management – Particularities and Tendencies. Growing organizational competitiveness and
customer satisfaction through efficient management of logistics activities, LAP Lambert Academic Publishing, ISBN 978-613-7-16204-0, 2018.
10. Miricescu D., Moser T., Dumitraşcu D., Analysis of the Particularities of the Logistics Market from South – East Europe,
Proceedings of the 6th Review of Management and Economic Engineering Management Conference (RMEE), 20–22 September 2018, Todesco
Publising House, ISSN 2247 – 8639, ISSN-L 2247 – 8639, 2018, p. 199–208.
11. Miricescu Dan, Moser T., Aspects of the cooperation between the logistics providers and customers within the Romanian market, Rewiew of
management and Economic Engineering, vol. 14 / nr.3 (57), Todesco Publishing House, Cluj-Napoca, ISSN 1583-624X, 2015, p. 477–488.
12. Miricescu, D., Study Regarding the Customer Satisfaction Evaluation Considering the Logistics Service Level, Valahian Journal of
Economic Studies, Volume 4(18) Issue 3, Valahia University Press, Târgovişte, ISSN 2067–9440, 2013, p. 65–72. ЕКОНОМІКА. 4(217)/2021 ~ 61 ~
13. Pisoke, M., New digital technologies and disruptive ideas are shaking up the logistics industry – incumbents need to adapt fast, Roland
Berger, 2020, last accessed 2020/10/20.
14. Siemens Digital Logistics, Beyond your supply chain, https://www.siemens-digital-logistics.com/about-siemens-digital-logistics.html,
2020, last accessed 2020/10/1.
15. Silva, F.B., Cardoso, F.F., Applicability of Logistics Management in Lean Construction: A Case Study Approach In Brazilian Building
Companies, Proceedings to 15th Annual Conference of the Int’l Group of Lean Construction, 1990, p. 147-158.
16. Windsor, R.D., Leisen, B., Leach, M., Liu, A., Corporate and Brand Web Sites as Customer Relationship Management tools: an overview of
alternative approaches, Journal of Relationship Marketing, Haworth Press Inc., Volume 3, 2004, https://doi.org/10.1300/J366v03n01_05.
17. Ziarul Financiar, Ce înseamnă Industry 4.0 Di care sunt avantajele
digitalizării fabricii?, https://www.zf.ro/info/p-ce-inseamna-industry-4-0-sicare-sunt-avantajele-digitalizarii-fabricii-18169998, 2019, last accessed
18. 3PL Central, 2020 State of the Third-Party Logistics Industry Report, https://info.3plcentral.com/2020-state-of-the-third-party-logistics-industryreport-pillar, 2020, last accessed 2020/11/3.