Authors: I. Zapukhliak, Doctor of Economic Sciences, Professor, ORCID ID: 0000-0002-1218-0251
Ivano-Frankivsk National Technical University of Oil and Gas, Ivano-Frankivsk, Ukraine,
T. Onysenko, PhD in Economics, ORCID ID: 0000-0003-2176-4168
Taras Shevchenko National University of Kyiv, Kyiv, Ukraine,
V. Sabadosh, manager, Ivano-Frankivsk, Ukraine
Annotation: The increase in the scale of economic activity in the process of expanded reproduction and development, the intensive use of factors of production lead to an exacerbation of not only socio-economic contradictions but also sharply raise the question of the need to solve the qualitative problems of economic growth. In order to form modern thinking as a prerequisite for the formation of a “road map” to ensure sustainable development, the authors revealed the nature of such a phenomenon today as the culture of labor. Which in the future allows to produce both new opportunities and new constraints and challenges in the field of social and labor development.
The culture of work affects the general and individual economic behavior, for example, the propensity to entrepreneurship and willingness to delegate authority to subordinates. Trusting people are more likely to become entrepreneurs. At the same time, a high level of interpersonal trust increases their chances of being deceived, and a low level threatens to lose profits. Trusting business leaders give creative freedom to subordinates by delegating authority to them, while low-trust managers, on the other hand, try to keep power in their hands. As a result, there will be contradictions between formal, quantitative, and substantive indicators, spiritual motives and values, the inequality of the dominant parameters of the culture of labor in different sectors of the economy. That is why the study of the impact of cross-cultural aspects in management processes is becoming increasingly important. The article is devoted to the study of the system of influence of personal aspects of human development related to ethnicity, national culture, customs, traditions, etc., on behavior in a homogeneous environment. The mechanisms of formation of cross-cultural interaction of all participants of the management process are highlighted and the role of individual human characteristics in the process of economic activity is revealed. The necessity of introduction of measures of formation of successful organizational culture in the activity of subjects of managing is characterized.
Keywords: cross-cultural communication, labor organization, management, labor culture.
1st Revision: 15/12/2021
1. Adler N. International Dimension of Organizational Behaviour / N. Adler. – Boston: PWS-Kent, 1991.
2. HofstedeG., Hofstede G. J., Minkov M. (2010). Cultures and Organizations. SOFTWARE OFTHE MIND Intercultural Cooperation
and Its Importance for Survival. Geert Hofstede BV.561 r. URL: https://e-edu.nbu.bg/pluginfile.php/900222/mod_resource/content/
1/G.Hofstede_G.J.Hofstede_M.Minkov %20- %20Cultures %20and %20Organizations %20- %20Software %20of %20the %20Mind %203rd_
3. HR Glossary. Work Behaviour. https://www.peoplehum.com/glossary/work-behaviour
4. Indeed Editorial Team. 12 Types of Workplace Behaviors. May 6, 2021. https://www.indeed.com/career-advice/careerdevelopment/types-of-behavior
5. Karin Instone. Counterproductive Work Behaviour. https://cdn.auckland.ac.nz/assets/psych/about/our-people/documents/Karin %
20Instone %20- %20Counterproductive %20Work %20Behaviour %20- %20White %20Paper.pdf
6. Leading Innovative Work-Behavior in Times of COVID-19: Relationship Between Leadership Style, Innovative Work-Behavior,
Work-Related Flow, and IT-Enabled Presence Awareness During the First and Second Wave of the COVID-19 Pandemic.
7. Principles of management. Work behaviors. https://courses.lumenlearning.com/principlesmanagement/chapter/2-6-work-behaviors/
8. The Relationship between Work Culture and Work Behaviours: a Cross-Cultural Study https://www.researchgate.net/
9. Tytarenko V., Savenko I. Work culture as a component of future labour teachers’ culture. Ukrainian professional education. №1.
10. Workplace behaviours affecting health and safety. https://www.commerce.wa.gov.au/worksafe/workplace-behaviours-affectinghealth-and-safety
11. Arefieva O. V. Kros-kulturnyi menedzhment yak determinanta formuvannia konkurentospromozhnosti pidpryiemstva. Naukovyi
visnyk Uzhhorodskoho natsionalnoho universytetu. Seriia: Mizhnarodni ekonomichni vidnosyny ta svitove hospodarstvo. Vypusk 20,
chastyna 1. 2018. http://www.visnyk-econom.uzhnu.uz.ua/archive/20_1_2018ua/6.pdf
12. Baisha K.M. Formuvannia navychok kros-kulturnoi komunikatsii v studentiv tekhnichnykh ta pryrodnychykh spetsialnostei.
Pedahohika formuvannia tvorchoi osobystosti u vyshchii i zahalnoosvitnii shkolakh. № 62, T. 2. 2019. http://pedagogyjournal.kpu.zp.ua/archive/2019/62/part_2/6.pdf
13. Entsyklopediia suchasnoi Ukrainy. https://esu.com.ua/search_articles.php?id=51468
14. Litichenko O. Teoretychni aspekty vykhovannia kultury pratsi v ditei doshkilnoho viku. Aktualni pytannia humanitarnykh nauk.
Vyp 28, tom 2, 2020. https://elibrary.kubg.edu.ua/id/eprint/32024/1/O_Litichenko_TAVKPVDDV_2020.pdf
15. Todorova N.Iu. Kroskulturnyi menedzhment : navchalnyi posibnyk. Donetsk : DonNTU, 2008. 330 s.