The article explores the features of the organization and realization of the public audit in post-Soviet countries. The main achievements in the Supreme Audit Institutions functioning are highlighted. The distinguish features of public audit in the post-soviet countries are explored. The main approaches to the constitutional regulation of SAI’s status are outlined. The models describing the scope of SAI’s powers in each country are examined. The SAI’s reports are analyzed and public audit efficiency indicators in different countries are summarized and systematized. The best practices in the field of public finance in the post-soviet countries are determined. According to the current world trends in public finance, Ukrainian budget system needs and public audit imperfections, useful practices from these countries are selected. On the basis of this analysis the main ways of implementation the best experience in this field to the Ukrainian public audit system are proposed by the author. Recommendations for the implementation of this experience to the public audit system and Accounting Chamber of Ukraine are determined.
Keywords: public audit; supreme audit institution; The Accounting Chamber of Ukraine; national system of of public audit; implementation.
1. Activities of Chamber of Accounts, Rebublic of Azerbaijan Chamber of Accounts. Available at
http://www.ach.gov.az/?/en/content/361 Accessed 30 October 2014.
2. Control Chamber of Republic of Armenia Annual Report, 2013, Control Chamber of Republic of Armenia.
Available at http://www.coc.am/YearReportsEng.aspx?ReportYear=2013 Accessed 30 October 2014.
3. Deyatel’nost’ Schetnoy palaty, Schetnaya palata Rossiyskoy Federatsii. Available at
http://www.ach.gov.ru/activities Accessed 30 October 2014.
4. National Audit Officе Annual Report, 2012, National Audit Officе of Lithuania. Available at
http://www.vkontrole.lt/audito_ataskaitos_en.aspx?tipas=15 Accessed 30 October 2014.
5. Annual report by the National Audit Office to the Parliament, National Audit Officе of Estonia. Available at http://www.riigikontroll.ee/Riigikontrollipublikatsioonid/Riigikontrolliaastaaruanneparlamendile/tabid/110/language/en-US/Default.aspx Accessed 30 October 2014.
6. Itogi raboty Komiteta gosudarstvennogo kontrolya, 2013, Komitet gosudarstvennogo kontrolya Respubliki Belarus’. Available at http://www.kgk.gov.by/ru/control-deyatelnost Accessed 30 October 2014.
7. Annual Perfomance Report. Annual-Report, 2013, State Audit Office of Georgia. Available at
http://sao.ge/en/about-us/annual-perfomance-report/annual-report-2013 Accessed 30 October 2014.
8. Otchet o deyatel’nosti Schetnoy palaty, 2012, Schetnaya palata Respubliki Molodova. Available at
http://ccrm.md/public/files/file/Activitatea%20Contro/Audit/Raport_activitate_2012_RUS.pdf. Accessed 30 October 2014.
9. Otchet ob auditorskoy deyatel’nosti Schetnoy palaty, 2012, Schetnaya palata Kyrgyzskoy Respubliki.
Available at http://www.mkk.gov.kg/index.php?option=com_content&view=category&layout=blog&id=157&Itemid=
137&lang=ru. Accessed 30 October 2014.
10. Osnovnyye itogi kontrol’nykh meropriyatiy, 2013, Schetnyy komitet po kontrolyu za ispolneniyem respublikanskogo byudzheta Respubliki Kazakhstan. Available at http://esep.kz/rus/show1/article/149 http://esep.kz/rus/show1/article/149. Accessed 30 October 2014.
11. The Republic of Latvia State Audit Office Public Annual Report, 2012, State Audit Office of The Republic of Latvia. Available at http://www.lrvk.gov.lv/uploads//Majaslapa%20ENG/Annual%20reports/Annual%20report%202012/annual_report_2012.pdf Accessed 30 October 2014.
12. Zakonodatel’stvo o Schetnoy palate, Schetnaya palata Respubliki Tadzhikistan. Available at
http://sai.tj/index.php/ru/onunguzori-dar-borai-palatai-isob. Accessed 30 October 2014.